We purchased a Jenn-Aire range to replace a dead one on 12/26/10. It took a MONTH to get it. Within minutes of installation, we noticed a small problem - the oven light didn't work.

We called the installers who had JUST left and were told that it was OUR problem. Called Sears, was told it was likely a bulb and they would send us a new bulb, which they did. The new bulb was approximately 1.3 the size of the original bulb and a different wattage. More phone calls, and eventually a whole new bulb housing was sent. Hubby decided that replacing that was a bigger job than he was up for, so we called Sears again to get a technician out to do the work. Soonest they could help: another MONTH.

Shortly thereafter, we noticed that the oven did not cook things well, and discovered that the oven door did not close completely. Called Sears to report that, and as we had a technician coming out anyway, decided that the technician could fix that at the same time.

Mid-February, we get our technician who asked if we bought the range new. "Of course we did!" "Well, it looks like it's seen a lot of abuse. Looks like a floor model". Bottom line: door unfixable, electrical system screwed up. Called Sears to get a replacement. Time to get replacement: another MONTH.

Yesterday (March 21) the new range was to be installed. Hubby stayed home to await it, got a call that it "wasn't in" but would be installed the following day. I called Sears and found that they sent it to a store about an hour from our home, and was told that they would call the installers so they knew where to get it so that it cold be installed today (March 22). Earlier today, was informed that the range had been sent to a store about 3 hours from our home, and the installation was scheduled for March 28.

This is when I pulled the plug on Sears. I called my credit card company to reverse the charges, which they did. Sears is trying to get the installer to come un-install the piece of garbage in my kitchen. I have ordered the same appliance from another store, and they will install it in a week.

I will shop again at Sears when pigs fly and *** freezes over, simultaneously.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

Dianne, I have been around and around with "escalation" and "customer solutions" who are full of apologies, but short on actual solutions. I have talked to Sharon, Cassandra, Hector, and others, and everyone promises that things will be taken care of, but things never are.

Three months without a working oven is enough. I am through with Sears.

Sears USED to be known for customer service and reliability, but that is clearly no longer the case. I'm not alone in this assessment.

I an due to have the EXACT SAME MODEL RANGE installed on Tuesday by another dealer, for the same price. Why can they get the range in a week, when it takes you a month?

To Freyja,

I’m terribly sorry for any trouble, inconvenience and frustration you have endured regarding your stove. Sears has always stood for the highest levels of quality and service; I know we have deeply disappointed you. My name is Dianne and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues with Sears Corporate which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Freyja) for reference to your issue. Our Senior Case Manager Gerald has been assigned to your case and is looking forward to talking to you soon.

Dianne D.