We ordered a recliner sofa from Sears and received confirmation that it will be delivered on Feb 11,2008.Deliver guys came and looked for 10 seconds at the back door and said it wont fit.

Before my husband could tell them that we have a sliding door in the livingroom, the guys hurriedly said, we can't do it see you later, cancel it if you wamt then took off. In a matter of 2 minutes. Called Sears Delivery back to reschedule (as we went online to see if the couch coud be dismantled and it can) They confirmed delivery for Feb 14,2008 between the hours 0f 12oopm to 900pm. Called around 5:00 pm February 14,208 while waiting from 12:00pm and Sears customer service told us it has been cancelled.

Bottomline, what gives? Such incompetence. No wonder sales is not doing to good. From the delivery guys to customer service - one word....

NINCOMPOOPS.

I wont recommend Sears and never again would I step foot in any of their stores.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

Dripping Springs, Texas, United States #9478

Yeah, it seems their delivery service and their order department don't work together.I ordered patio furniture online and scheduled it for Friday delivery.

I got a call the Wednesday before saying the delivery van was in my driveway at home attempting to deliver it and no one was home. I told them that they were mistaken and delivery was scheduled for Friday. They basically called me a liar. I got transferred/given alternate numbers to call (each time I was more or less called a liar) and 3 calls later I finally got a woman to reschedule for Saturday.

So much for my weekend plans! I asked for a refund of my delivery charges (since I'm now losing time to accept this delivery) and she said she couldn't refund the delivery but wouldn't charge me for the second delivery even though she should. It was THEIR fault! Of course it's my word against theirs since their online order history has been offline for weeks now and when I printed the online receipt it only showed an order number and a date.

Another time I ordered online and got an email to say the order was in but when I went to pick it up that evening was told it wasn't in. I even had the email in hand. I called corporate office the next day who told me it should have been there for me to pick up once I received the email. It was a large item and I had to reschedule someone (whom I paid) twice to finally get the item.

Again, no reimbursement for the hassle THEY caused. I thought I'd avoid all this by having them deliver the patio furniture but I was wrong.

They only made a bigger mess out of what should have been a hassle-free transaction.Time to start shopping elsewhere!