I purchased from Sears an extended warranty plan on both a refrigerator ($220.00) and range ($195.00) with the promise that if the extended warranty was not used it would then be refunded (in store credit) to me at the end of the warranty period. The warrantees expired September 4 & 5 of 2014 without being used. I called the number on my warranty agreement (they do not contact you) and it was agreed that I was to receive an in store credit Coupon(s) via the mail for the above amounts. The only restriction stated was that I had to use both coupons within 90 days of the warranty expiry dates (December 4 & 5, 2014) and that no refunded difference would be given if the purchase was less than the value of each coupon. Fair enough I thought. That was until the coupons arrived.

When the coupons arrived it was quite clear, after reading each one carefully, that in order for me to use each coupon my purchase had to be twice the value of each coupon ($440.00 & $390.00). There were also now many other new conditions and restrictions placed stating that I can only purchase certain merchandise types. How about that?

I called the number given on the credit coupons to seek clarity and to allow Sears the opportunity to fix what they have clearly now broken. My concerns landed on deaf ears. I failed to convince them to see the error of their ways and was pleased when they stated that “THIS PHONE CALL IS BEEING RECORDED”. I laughed with my reply. “Yes I know for I am recording it as well”.

Fool me once, the jokes on you. Sears will not get the chance to fool me twice. My circle will be shopping elsewhere from now on. Learn from my experience or have your own. The choice is now yours.

Sears can reference Protection Agreement PA#082109793800016 & PA#082109793800015.

Review about: Sears Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Liars, Crooks & Fraud.

Comments

Thanks for the intel. Bad situation but a good review. They should know better.

It was nice to see this review for I too have had a similar problem with Sears.Their economics are not the best right now so this review most certainly will not help them.

They should ask answer this.

Was it worth it?Thanks for the review.