I am trying to get my money refunded from Sears for a water heater installation that Sears cancelled. It's been 8 days since the original purchase.

It took Sears only 10 minutes to debit my account. I have been transferred from dept to dept and some depts aren't even open when they transfer me. I have been unsuccessful in getting my money returned. My next step is the attorney general.

Sears says they didn't have a licensed plumber in my area.

That is really sad since Sears is only 5 miles from my house. The phone number Sears gave me for call back is 1-800-497-4402.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

nikalseyn

KMart now owns Sears. Need I say more?

I know exactly what you're going through. I ordered a stove through Sears.com on Sept.

6th and the next day received an email that Sears.com cancelled my order. In the email, it said I would receive a refund in 3-5 business days. Well, 8 days go by and no refund. So, I send Sears.com an email saying I haven't gotten my refund from the order Sears.com cancelled.

I get the reply that it will have to be "researched". Well, another few days go by so I send another email and receive a reply that I will get a refund in 3-5 business days. Five days go by and no refund. This time I call Sears and get told, the store didn't approve my refund.

What?! Sears.com cancels the order, takes my money and hasn't "approved" the refund. What's to approve? I went to my bank to dispute the charge because it's now Oct 1st and Sears.com still hasn't refunded my money.

Do yourself a favor and just dispute the charges instead of letting Sears give you the run around and waste your time.

Now, Sears has resorted to stealing customers' money. I guess they have been called thieves long enough so they figured why not take the next step.