After getting an email from Sears with the subject, "Why wait till Black Friday?" soliciting early bird Black Friday Deals in store and online, I purchased a 21 cubic inch Kenmore Refrigerator for 499.99 on Thanksgiving Day. I was expecting delivery today 5 days later.

When it didn't show, I called Sears and learned why- they had cancelled my order! Why? because of the great demand they were out of stock. While on the phone with customer service, I checked online at Sear.com and looked up the refrigerator and there it was!

The same refrigerator and it listed "IN STOCK" Customer Service confirmed it was in-stock and apologized, yes, the fridge is in stock and I can get it but I need to pay the new higher price of $799.00. I am upset on so many levels. I can understand that there are limited supplies of these door buster items. I get that.

But a purchase was made. Other items I tried to purchase that same day showed out of stock but this one was in stock when I purchased and is still in stock if I give them more money. Sears not only used deceptive advertising but they practiced unfair competition. If I had been notified that the product I wanted was out of stock, I would have gone to other retailers on Black Friday or even Cyber Monday and purchased one.

But I have missed that opportunity because of Sears' deceptive practices.

Customer Service was not helpful. I tried for several hours to get a resolution to my problem but Sears customer service read from a script, transfer me to Canada, put me on hold for 45 minutes, intermittently came back on to apologize they could not transfer me to a supervisor or give me a different number to call to have someone help me. I was basically stonewalled.

The only solution they could offer was pay the new higher price. That's not a resolution, Sears.

I won't shop here again. I am shredding my Sears rewards Card.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 29, 2012.

Comments

nikalseyn
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #575738

I am not surprised. Sears is now a failing company and should really be avoided.

They are no longer the Sears, Roebuck & Co. we all remember.

In your case, they basically scammed you by confirming a sale to you and then arbitrarily cancelling it for an apparent spurious reason-------they still had the item in stock. Let this be a lesson to anyone who still thinks Sears is reputable, honest and a good place to buy anything----------it is no!!