Drummonds, Tennessee

Condensed version - order a 60" SHARP AQUOS tv for the advertised price of $688- SEARS lies about order - finally cancels it, says they can't ship. Sharp says the TV is available and not discontinued. SEARS LIES and I'm screwed!

11/23/2012

Order placed Order 431106922 2:05 AM (on-line sale started at 2:00 am Black Friday)

11/23/2012

Order confirmation received from Sears

11/28/2012

Email sent to Sears asking for confirmation of shipping since they don't proactively send any more emails

Received email saying order not available - cancel order as an option (BS!)

Spoke with Michael K - order placed on back-order

Received email from Michael K confirming order placed in back order (HE LIED)

11/29/2012

Call from Cynthia from Sears regarding account information, visa, to verify. Said order would be released

(SHE LIED)

11/30/2012

Emailed Sears requesting update on shipping information (since they don't send anything)

12/2/2012

Email from sears saying order was cancelled! (WTF?!?!?!)

12/3/2012

Contacted GAV (ID 24200) said he could not fix order nor offer replacement for same price (LIES) then he disconnected from me.

I Contacted Matilda at Executive offices - only offered a 15% discount but said can't get TV (LIES)

Lest expensive SHARP they'll ship is $1399 (-15% = $1189) that's $501 more than I should have to pay!

I have since received email confirmation that the SHARP TV is still in production. I have filed a BBB complaint and also informed COSTCO and BEST BUY how Sears's deceptive advertising cost them a sale on black Friday. I'm screwed out of a discount on the TV since I assumed sears would deliver. Won't make that mistake again - NEVER WILL I OR MY FAMILY SHOP AT A SEARS or SEARS affiliated shore again.

Comments

Akron, Ohio, United States #580400

We have a VERY similar story. We are shop your way rewards members and were invited to shop early black Friday deals.

We, along with numerous others, showed up to Sears to snag our deal. Well after waiting around for over 4 hours - employees didn't understand the promotion, we finally got an employee to explain it was an online offer only. The on line counter didn't cioncide with our time zone further causing issues.

Finally, I snagged my 32 inch TV for $98

I paid for it and was told that we would get an email to pick it up at a store. after no email, numerous calls we still have no TV and they still have my money!!!

we were offer to buy the same TV we ordered for $198.88! There reasoning is the stock was limited and just wasn't available....BUT IT IS NOW AND I WANT THEM TO MAKE GOOD