Sears cares nothing for their customers
Update added by user Jun 05, 2013
Someone named Brian from Sears Cares has called twice, both times promising a $125 gift card.First it was to be by email, now by postal mail.
I don't know why they continue to harass me, with no resolution.
I do not believe I will ever get any help from Sears, and definitely will not from Olejo.I can't stress this strongly enough - DO NOT PATRONIZE SEARS!
Update added by user May 10, 2013
I received a call from someone at Sears on 5/7/2013.He was supposed to send me his contact info via email, but never did, so I didn't write down his name.
He promised to send me a Sears Gift Card for $125 via email, and his personal contact number, both via email, within 48 hours. Well, as has become the expected behavior from any of Sears Customer 'Service' reps, he lied. I cannot believe I believed anyone from Sears, even for a moment. Anyone reading this, PLEASE do yourself a favor, and do not patronize these lying, scamming people.
There are plenty of other companies that have the same items, and treat their customers with respect and dignity.STEER CLEAR of Sears!
Original review posted by user May 05, 2013
On January 12, 2013, I ordered a futon from Olejo.com, through Sears.com's web site - a New Energy Fuji Futon Queen Frame, SKU#NEW8414. After having it for approximately 60 days, the edge of the front frame broke. This company's web site, as well as Sears web site states that there is a 10 year warranty on this frame. This was part of the reason we paid so much for it (over $400), rather than buy a cheaper brand. My wife emailed their customer service, and was told in a very condescending, rude manner that they only warrantied items for 30 days. I replied and asked what good was a 10 year warranty, if it was really only for 30 days. The reply was extremely hostile, and we were accused of purposefully breaking the item. My wife also called Sears, and was assured by their customer service that someone named Daniel would call her with 8 hours, and get an address for shipment of a replacement part. Daniel never called. All we want is the piece that broke replaced, free of charge. After only 60 days of use, I do not think this is an outrageous request.
After filing with the BBB (which is useless, by the way), an Olejo.com representative said to call Sears, and they would take care of it. My wife called, and was again assured that someone from Olejo would return her call withing 48 hours. After 4 more days, she called Sears again, and they admitted that they do not help customers with problems through their Third-Party Reseller program. So, basically, they feel it is okay to make money by partnering with unknown companies, but when it comes to guaranteeing that these merchants will treat their customers fairly, Sears bows out.
I am very disappointed in Sears, and will never buy from them again. I will also be sure and tell everyone I know how bad their customer service is, and to steer clear.
It is no wonder they are continually listed as a store that will not be around much longer.
We did call the manufacturer of the futon, and they shipped us the part, but we had to pay shipping - $115.00! I don't blame them, it is Sears and Olejo's responsibility to make sales right, not the manufacturer.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- New Energy Fuji Futon Queen Frame
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Sears – SO RudeI wrote a complaint to Sears and sent it to Chairman Edward S. Lampert and CEO Louis J. D'Ambrosio. I didn’t expect a personal reply but I..."
- "Sears Disappointment • May 21, 2012 Purchased Refrigerator Kenmore Bottom Freezer, Model 795.72033.111– o Total Price $1770.98 – $321 down-payment on 5/21/12 Final payment 6/1/12 o No Extended Warranty – Current Warranty states “For ten..."
- "February 24, we received delivery of our Kenmore Elite Refrigerator from Searsâ€™s delivery. When plugged it made a loud, continuous noise. A replacement refrigerator is scheduled for delivery..."
- "We had this washer only a month and had to have a serviceman out, it wouldn't agitate. Put on a new timer. And it only agitated in the rinse cycle for..."
- "I'm a retailer and we received a delivey and the drinks expired the very next week, my customers deserve the freshest product, as any other customer, ..."
- "Try and navigate off their site, pop up for $40 off, the scam is their shipping is $19.99 and handling is another $10, this is more than 2X other services...."
- "We love Ritz at our house and I buy several at a time each week. It has been the last 6 mo - 1 year that they are a..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."
- "RENEE HAS CURSED ME OUT INSULTED ME RELIGIOUSLY AND RACIALLY WHILE SHE WAS UNDER PRESSURE OF LOSING CONTRACTS I HAVE TO ALSO SEEN HER GO THROUGH THE RESIDENTS PERSONAL BELONGINGS..."