Sears cares nothing for their customers
Update added by user Jun 05, 2013
Someone named Brian from Sears Cares has called twice, both times promising a $125 gift card.First it was to be by email, now by postal mail.
I don't know why they continue to harass me, with no resolution.
I do not believe I will ever get any help from Sears, and definitely will not from Olejo.I can't stress this strongly enough - DO NOT PATRONIZE SEARS!
Update added by user May 10, 2013
I received a call from someone at Sears on 5/7/2013.He was supposed to send me his contact info via email, but never did, so I didn't write down his name.
He promised to send me a Sears Gift Card for $125 via email, and his personal contact number, both via email, within 48 hours. Well, as has become the expected behavior from any of Sears Customer 'Service' reps, he lied. I cannot believe I believed anyone from Sears, even for a moment. Anyone reading this, PLEASE do yourself a favor, and do not patronize these lying, scamming people.
There are plenty of other companies that have the same items, and treat their customers with respect and dignity.STEER CLEAR of Sears!
Original review posted by user May 05, 2013
On January 12, 2013, I ordered a futon from Olejo.com, through Sears.com's web site - a New Energy Fuji Futon Queen Frame, SKU#NEW8414. After having it for approximately 60 days, the edge of the front frame broke. This company's web site, as well as Sears web site states that there is a 10 year warranty on this frame. This was part of the reason we paid so much for it (over $400), rather than buy a cheaper brand. My wife emailed their customer service, and was told in a very condescending, rude manner that they only warrantied items for 30 days. I replied and asked what good was a 10 year warranty, if it was really only for 30 days. The reply was extremely hostile, and we were accused of purposefully breaking the item. My wife also called Sears, and was assured by their customer service that someone named Daniel would call her with 8 hours, and get an address for shipment of a replacement part. Daniel never called. All we want is the piece that broke replaced, free of charge. After only 60 days of use, I do not think this is an outrageous request.
After filing with the BBB (which is useless, by the way), an Olejo.com representative said to call Sears, and they would take care of it. My wife called, and was again assured that someone from Olejo would return her call withing 48 hours. After 4 more days, she called Sears again, and they admitted that they do not help customers with problems through their Third-Party Reseller program. So, basically, they feel it is okay to make money by partnering with unknown companies, but when it comes to guaranteeing that these merchants will treat their customers fairly, Sears bows out.
I am very disappointed in Sears, and will never buy from them again. I will also be sure and tell everyone I know how bad their customer service is, and to steer clear.
It is no wonder they are continually listed as a store that will not be around much longer.
We did call the manufacturer of the futon, and they shipped us the part, but we had to pay shipping - $115.00! I don't blame them, it is Sears and Olejo's responsibility to make sales right, not the manufacturer.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- New Energy Fuji Futon Queen Frame
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I purchased 8 large appliances from Sears in August 2016. We were moving and remodeling a home. We finally had our appliances put in in February 2016...."
- "I purchased a Kenmore gas range from Sears.com.Bought it on Black Friday 11-24-16. First, pay someone to pick it up for me in the store because I don't own a..."
- "We bought a new washer and dryer from Sears in July 2011. These were installed in our house on 13JUL2011. The installers did a horrible job. 1. They dented our wallboard. Offered to..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "My parents took my son to get a hair cut at the Smart Style within the Walmart in Beeville, Texas. The haircut he received was very crooked and looked like..."
- "Stacey Valnes has taken advantage of me and my mother when he suggested that we list our house at the price that he came up with by looking at the..."
- "August 8th still no AC and hot as the place the devil lives! About a month ago my AC went out. I contacted First American and they found a contractor to..."
- "Sandals Royal Bahamian called one week before travel and asked if we wanted to "upgrade" for $350.00 to a room SIX categories above what we had paid for... NO upgrade..."
- "I am dis-satisfied with my service at this the Tyler Texas Regis salon. My reasons are; Mind you. It was my birthday gift (to myself)-When I called the salon to..."