Sears came to my house to clean my carpet. The service tech promised me - three times - the odor would be eliminated. It was not. When I finally managed to get them on the phone (after calling three numbers six times without anyone picking up - there was no legible number on their invoice, incredibly), they emailed me a copy of an invoice that I signed that the service technician modified after I signed it. They offered me a partial credit for the ineffective service, which I declined.

I contacted my credit card company to have the charges reversed. A few weeks later, a woman from their Customer Service (they should call it something else) department, called to basically holler at me to tell me that they don't guarantee what their service tech guaranteed, and therefore would not give me a refund. It didn't matter that they illegally changed a document after I signed it. It didn't matter that they previously agreed to a partial discount. She was rude and abusive.

I will never do business with Sears again, and I strongly suggest you stay away from their carpet cleaning service. It sucks.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Carpet Cleaning Service.

Reason of review: Disgusting customer service, unethical behavior, and unsatisfactory service.

Comments