Layout of Store

I have been working at sears for 3 months now but i plan to quit within the next week. The first time i worked st the register was a month after i was hired and i was immediately thrown into the tools department, and it was just 2 weeks until christmas so of course there were ALOT of customers. I wasnt taught anything by anyone, the female cashiers who were there on my first day helped me a bit but it was hard to communicate with so many customers and so few cashiers.

Within two weeks of me actually working at the register, at least 5 employees quit. Half of the customers hate sears and vocalize it daily.

Plus i've been working the tools department almost every time im here and i am put by myself. I dont get it, im still new, yet one of the managers tells me that there has to be a cashier in tools.... But why not put an experienced cashier from the womens or mens departments there??? It makes NO SENSE. I constantly have to call managers or other associates for help because a customer is unhappy. Its ridiculous.

All management cares about is getting credits from customers, but lots of people dont even shop at sears on a regular basis, they'd rather do syw and get points there to get taken off their purchases.

I feel really uncomfortable here, my coworkers are okay in the womans department but in tools they barely talk to me unless i need help. The guys just flirt with the girls and vice versa. I dont like how some of the associates like the lawn and garden ones get paid so much more money than cashiers when i see them just walking around and joking half the time. Its really disheartening and makes me not want to go to work anymore. Sears has a lot of work to do if they want to keep their customers, but i plan on quitting very soon.

Even 3 months into working here i still dont know much, i was even kicked off the register once by a manager because i didnt ask a woman who was returning something if she wanted to apply for credit. I was sent to help on the floor, but that really opened my eyes to how they care about credit only.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss sears cashier. Sears needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sears cashier in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Rocky Mount, Virginia, United States #1117900

I agree.I worked for sears for three and a half months and all management cares about is credit.

I would honestly just compare that store to a McDonalds job. My last day there was the longest ever. I will never refer anyone to them, that is looking for appliances.

Plus, Lowes is a better place to go by a long shot.There prices are low, they have free delivery and when you walk in, your not greeted by a commission hungry associate.