Aguadilla, Aguadilla
With Company response Not resolved

In July I purchased a fridge, range, washer and dryer all at Sears on the same day in one transaction and opened a Sears card.The delivery date the sales person gave me was 8/1.

Nothing arrived that day I called the store and was told it was coming on 8/8/2012. On 8/8 the fridge, range and washer arrived, but there was no dryer. I called the store to find out when it was coming and they could not tell me. After various trips to the store and phone calls, I was continuously told there was no system or the warehouse could not be reached.

Finally I called the complaint line 8/29 and the person who attended me told me there was a scheduled delivery for 8/31. I received a phone call the next day from Sears confirming they would be delivering the dryer the next day. After waiting the whole day and calling the store to find out when to expect the delivery guys, I receive a phone call at 4 pm from Sears telling me there must have been a problem with their system because they didn't have the dryer and it was not going to be delivered. I went to the store the next day and was told they could not help me and to come back on Monday.

I spend a large portion of my Labor Day holiday at the Sears store while the sales clerk took care of other people while she was waiting for an email from her manager who was at an "off site meeting". I left and came back a little while later and she told me she was going to proceed with an exchange for a different washer dryer set. However the only other washer dryer set that came in the same color was also out of stock and she could not exchange it for anything else other then Kenmore, even though those were in stock. She told me to call back the next day when the manager was in so she could explain the situation to her.

She called ma back to offer a different set and color which I had already explained that I specifically purchased the color I had for a reason as it matched the house. Then she offered me the same 15% discount on other brands but I would have to pay the difference, which is unacceptable, I did not cause this situation. She also told me that they had verified with the consumer protection agancy just to make sure they were offering something "acceptable" and told me I should call them also to verify. I called the complaint line back.

The girl who attended the call told me to stop being so nice at the store, get my money back and go elsewhere since they couldn't do anything for me. I insisted that there was already an existing complaint that I had logged the week before then she looked up my account and said that she was escalating and to wait 24 to 48 hours for a response. I waited a week and received no response what so ever from anyone at Sears. I then sent an email through the website, because the hotline had closed for the day, and also received no response.

I called the line back during my work hours and spent 1.5 hours on the phone, was passed between 4 different people and departments, the majority of the time spent on hold for the last person attending me to tell me that she couldn't transfer me to the other department since they had just closed for the day. One of those people cancelled my order for the dryer without my consent to refund the purchased amount and transferred me to the website people who offered the same 15% the store had 2 weeks ago. I have spent hours trying to work with Sears on a resolution, I purchase the washer/dryer set in July and have receive absolutely no actual assistance or commitment from anyone at Sears to resolve my case. I have lost days of work, money on gas to go to the store, have not moved into my new house all because Sears could care less if they deliver what you purchase as long as they make that sale.

I have told the various people that I have spoken with from Sears that all I would like is a washer dryer set that is relatively the same color of the one I purchased. However since it appears now that they no longer have the same color, and do have sets of a similar color, but they are more expensive and I would have to pay the difference. I am not paying extra for an error that Sears made. Since it looks like I will not get anywhere with this issues, I would like to return all the appliances and never step foot in another sears store again (or any other related stores like Kmart).

It is obvious that Sears would rather save a few hundred dollars and turn a customer away then turn a very bad experience around and safe a lifetime customer. I grew up with Kenmore appliances and my family has always shopped at Sears but obviously that means nothing any more. I will also be cancelling my Sears card since I won't be using it after this fiasco and so will my father after this and he's been a member since 88.

Glad I haven't purchased the dining room set and bedroom set that I was planning on.I still need a lot of things for the new house that I was planning on getting them from Sears, but after this I would rather go somewhere else and pay more for better customer service and actually get what I purchased.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Ms. Perez,

We are truly sorry for the difficulties you have experienced receiving your dryer in the color specified in your original order. With all the items that you purchased, we can understand your frustration and disappointment with not receiving the dryer that you ordered. I would certainly be upset with all the time and money that had been spent not to get the dryer I ordered. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. We would like to look into this issue further and offer our assistance to help resolve your situation. We value your business very much and want to help turn this frustrating situation around.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Jennifer Perez) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.