I earned 73,293 miles/points using my Sears Citi card this year which pays one pt/mile for every dollar spent.Last month I spent over $13,000 on my card, and paid the balance off as usual so I do not accrue any interest, with the intention of requesting an iPad II next month that was approx.
90,000 points on the Sears Citi Bank Shop Your Way Rewards website. I wanted the iPad to use as a baby monitor because we our expecting our first child in September, a baby girl! Well, low & behold Sears & Citi bank cancelled my card two days ago for absolutely no reason other than to avoid paying me the miles/points I had earned by using their credit card. Is this legal?
Do I have any recourse? Consumers please be leery of this shady practice. It irks me beyond disbelief that two reputable companies such as Sears & Citi bank would participate in such a wrongful practice; talk about blind-sided. Here is they're fine print which basically gives them the opportunity to *** if they want to by cancelling your account at anytime...
If your membership is terminated (including if your Account is closed), or if you decide to cancel your membership in Sears Choice Rewards, all accumulated Points will be forfeited. ---All I can say is Wow! & Ouch!! This is terribly unethical, unjust, & wrong.
Another case of big banks and big industry bending over the lower to middle class.I'm going to try to take this to my local news outlets and see if I can alert the rest of my community here in Austin, TX or better yet nationwide.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Rewards Program
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I have yet to encounter a worse customer service experience than Sears Delivery. I ordered a washer/dryer and scheduled delivery for Sat. 11/12/16, guaranteed between 2-4pm. On the date..."
- "We got a new roof that is now in our falling piece by piece in to our yard. This is not the first time either. September 20th is when the..."
- " Sears Marketplace. .Buyer Beware!! I paid S.E.G. (Survival Equipment Gear)Sears marketplace dealer. Thru Sears online site. $59.93 for a order. They sent me the wrong order. I paid $..."
- "I ordered a pair of Super Timberland's as a gift for a friend. The items were received promptyly, however when the recipient received the gift the boots had been worn..."
- "I'm a great fun of Tommy Hilfiger products, however, this SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN Sweater i bought right before new year come with the cheapest quality, just after wearing it for..."
- "My ZeroWater gasket, in the spigot of the 23 cup unit, has seemed to catch itself up within the unit. Now, my water trickles out instead of coming out with..."
- "If you're looking for cute stuff at somewhat reasonable prices for your pre-teen, this is the place to order. If you want something for yourself, stay away. I ordered this..."
- "On April 7th, 2016, I, Sara Torres, attempted to open an account with a 3rd Party Financial Institution with an opening account balance from a Cash Advance off the Netspend..."
- "I recently purchased sofa and chair cushions for my 13 year old Gloster Teak Ventura model furniture. This company advertised “Cushions Made to Fit Gloster Teak Ventura Sofa Replacement..."