With Company response Not resolved

My sister-in-law and my brother recently stayed a couple of weeks with my during the thanksgiving holidays with their dogs.Needless to say I cannot stand the smell of pets; I gave Sears a call to clean my carpets.

They scheduled a date for them to come check out my house to get rid of the pet odor. They came slightly late and began to do a walk through my home. DeMarcus, the carpet cleaner who came to my home began to talk to me about air duct cleaning. He said it would help clean out dog hair and anything else that had been in my house.

He quoted me 300 dollars to do my entire home and I quickly agreed to get that done along with my carpet cleaning. After was all said and done they handed me a bill 800 dollars over my quoted price saying I had more air ducts then they had expected. I told DeMarcus that I wasn't going to pay the 800 dollars extra but he told me that I was basically stealing from them if I didn't as they already did the work. I paid up begrudgingly but let his supervisor know that I was upset with the payment change so quickly.

I also let them know that I wasn't exactly ecstatic with my carpet cleaning as they left a large stain in our guest bedroom from the dog. I had noticed that my house was a lot colder than normal the next day and cranked up my heater. In the next hour, my house was even colder to the point of being near the same temperature outside. I called Sears, worried that maybe that they had turned something off during the air duct cleaning.

They came out pretty quickly that same day, this time a guy named Leroy came out to check out the vents. He said that everything was all good with my system and that is was just colder outside. As soon as he left I called My AC Company worried that something was up. They came out the next day to check my system and my vents.

The AC Company employee came back into the living room with a grim look in his face saying that I had tears inside of my air ducts. He asked me if I recently had anything done on my vents and I let him know that I had them cleaned. He let me know that I needed to get them replaced. I was furious and called Sears back to let them know what was happening while my AC Company was still in my house.

The lady named Shawntel asked me how I knew that there was tears since their technician Leroy said that everything was fine. I told her that My AC Company was standing in my home and that their technician was more than welcomed to come look and see the tears. She told me that Sears was not responsible for any damage that may AC Company could have caused while checking my ducts and that she was closing the file as I needed to call my AC Company to complain. She hung up on me, and I called back trying to call back a man named Carson answered and let me know that my file was closed and I was required to call my AC Company for further assistance.

I asked to talk to a manager, Carlos, who repeated to me like a parrot that I needed to talk to my AC Company. It wasn't my AC Company who caused my tears, my heater was working perfectly before Sears came to my home and after they left my house no longer heated after they did an air duct cleaning. These people are the definition of rip off! I have to get my AC Company to replace my air ducts and Sears still refuses to answer me.

Their technicians have no clue what they are doing and are just people trained off the streets.

DeMarcus is not certified to have cleaned my ducts and Sears just parades them around like they are.BEWARE OF THIS COMPANIES TRICKS.

Review about: Sears Cleaning Service.

Agreeing with this posters comments.Avoid Sears air duct cleaning at all costs.

Their customer service is the worst I've ever encountered. It's complete disorganization to actually get to the appointment. Then, once the appointment actually happens, they will *** you into purchasing additional services (my $200 duct cleaning went up to over $800 for services that the technician claimed "had to be performed to complete the cleaning"). Turns out the "essential" additional services include the technician watering down my air conditioning unit with my garden hose...then leaving it in a heap on my deck.

The team that came into my house was also messy and unprofessional...leaving debris tracked throughout my home and dirty finger prints around the vents.

After trying to call customer service to have my concerns addressed, I have been bounced around from one service agent to another for over 3 WEEKS, with promises that someone who has decision making power will call me back.I'm frustrated that I was deceived by Sears and now am paying for it, but do yourself a favor and DO NOT hire Sears!!!!

I scheduled an appointment for air duct cleaning with Sears.Then I googled on line and found many extremly bad reviews about them.

So I called back to cancle the appointment. The lady who answered the phone asked me about my last name, then told me that I had been taken care of.

I asked "Don't you want to confirm my first name, phone number, address etc?She said she spoke to me this mroning and know which case I was calling for.

Sears Response

Dear KeriCornell534:

Please accept our apologies for the difficulty you have experienced for being charged more than quoted for your vents to be cleaned as well as the problems with the actual ducts being damaged. I certainly understand your frustration with calling Sears and getting disconnected. We would like to look into this situation further and offer our assistance torward a resolution.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the vent and carpet cleaning was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (KeriCornell534) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.