I placed an order on Sears.com Order on 03-06-2016 for a Washer Motor Coupler which was priced by this retailer's website at $9.98 Naturally the free in store pick-up option was greyed out. I double checked to make sure the product was being sold by Sears Itself and not an online seller. I chose this option because of concerns about receiving bootleg products. There were options for both standard and expedited shipping. Based upon my need of the product I naturally chose expedited shipping with a price tag of $12.98 for a promised arrival date of 03-08-2016. Upon placing my order it kept refusing to accept my credit card details even though the card was in good standing. As a result, I was forced to checkout using PayPal (which uses the same credit card that Sears.com was refusing to honor to process payments). It went through. The problem was not with the product itself but with being ripped off for the shipping. Instead of sending it UPS 2nd Day Service, my product was shipped to me using UPS Surepost. Surepost is the cheapest service offered by UPS and it is even cheaper than UPS Ground. So basically Sears pocked the money that I paid for expedited shipping and then just sent it out using a shipping service that basically had virtually no cost to them.
So I ended up paying $24.34 (after tax) for a product that should have only cost me at around $10 or so.
As you can see in my submitted evidence this is exactly how Sears.com operated in my case. You can see that I paid more than the price of the product itself for the shipping. Then you can see how they pocketed the money I spent on the shipping and sent the package to me using UPS' cheapest service. Not only that, the tracking history (also provided below) shows where UPS handed it over to the post office to be delivered to me via regular economy class mail (an action that UPS only performs with its cheapest Surepost Service). Avoiding Sears.com. And perhaps avoiding Sears itself may be in this consumer's best interests. Who knows what other creative schemes they are cooking up these days.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Shipping Service Not as Described
- Preferred solution:
- Just a refund of the cost of expedited shipping $12.98
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Washer Motor Coupler 285753A
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Below is a letter and response from Sears / Kenmore in regards to one of their products. Kenmore Refrigerator Elite.Bottom line, never buy Kenmore - they are poorly made products.To..."
- "I went to return a dress that was purchased at shopyourway.com I always make sure that it can be returned at a local store because I hate to send packages back..."
- "NEVER WILL BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS AGAIN. After supporting a local (ILLINOIS) company for years, our family has made a decision to never shop at SEARS again. The customer service..."
- "What I thought was a service to find out owners of phone numbers, turned out to be a call complaint website. I went there many times to look up a..."
- "i recently booked flight to Saskatoon to chennai with the amount of $1647, but due to my PGWP rejected the next day i had to cancel my trip. i had..."
- "Ordered a wig but when received I could see it was the wrong item. I had ordered the glamerous bob straight hairstyle, see first photo but was send graceful bob..."
- "My experience with Aspen Dental of Wilkes-Barre, PA was the absolute worst experience that I've ever had with any dentist or dental network. I literally almost died because of a..."
- " Sundance Vacations, Inc. THEY LIED TO ME AND RIP ME OFF. NOW THEY WON'T GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK. Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania I didn't want to buy in to begin..."
- "My bank First Niagara was bought by Keybank last October. Instead of mailing me info on this banks policy's and fees and doing the right thing by having me sign..."