I placed an order on Sears.com Order on 03-06-2016 for a Washer Motor Coupler which was priced by this retailer's website at $9.98 Naturally the free in store pick-up option was greyed out. I double checked to make sure the product was being sold by Sears Itself and not an online seller. I chose this option because of concerns about receiving bootleg products. There were options for both standard and expedited shipping. Based upon my need of the product I naturally chose expedited shipping with a price tag of $12.98 for a promised arrival date of 03-08-2016. Upon placing my order it kept refusing to accept my credit card details even though the card was in good standing. As a result, I was forced to checkout using PayPal (which uses the same credit card that Sears.com was refusing to honor to process payments). It went through. The problem was not with the product itself but with being ripped off for the shipping. Instead of sending it UPS 2nd Day Service, my product was shipped to me using UPS Surepost. Surepost is the cheapest service offered by UPS and it is even cheaper than UPS Ground. So basically Sears pocked the money that I paid for expedited shipping and then just sent it out using a shipping service that basically had virtually no cost to them.
So I ended up paying $24.34 (after tax) for a product that should have only cost me at around $10 or so.
As you can see in my submitted evidence this is exactly how Sears.com operated in my case. You can see that I paid more than the price of the product itself for the shipping. Then you can see how they pocketed the money I spent on the shipping and sent the package to me using UPS' cheapest service. Not only that, the tracking history (also provided below) shows where UPS handed it over to the post office to be delivered to me via regular economy class mail (an action that UPS only performs with its cheapest Surepost Service). Avoiding Sears.com. And perhaps avoiding Sears itself may be in this consumer's best interests. Who knows what other creative schemes they are cooking up these days.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Shipping Service Not as Described
- Preferred solution:
- Just a refund of the cost of expedited shipping $12.98
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Washer Motor Coupler 285753A
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I have been a loyal Sears customer for many many years. I have always believed that Sears products stood for quality in a day when so many things are..."
- "Sears – SO RudeI wrote a complaint to Sears and sent it to Chairman Edward S. Lampert and CEO Louis J. D'Ambrosio. I didn’t expect a personal reply but I..."
- "My parents purchased a Kenmore Elite dishwasher for me last Christmas. A couple of weeks ago a small rubber fitting blew out. I called 1-888-Kenmore to see about..."
- " Sundance Vacations, Inc. THEY LIED TO ME AND RIP ME OFF. NOW THEY WON'T GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK. Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania I didn't want to buy in to begin..."
- "My experience with Aspen Dental of Wilkes-Barre, PA was the absolute worst experience that I've ever had with any dentist or dental network. I literally almost died because of a..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "My Sister from AL Khor Qatar sent me money via trans fast worth P 20,223.35 which I received it at mlhuilier just only P 20,098.00. Where's the remaining P 125.35?..."
- "I ordered 2 side kick glass top bunching tables from Ethan Allen based on a white wood sample board that the decorator showed me in the showroom. The store did..."