With Company response

I ordered a Stove from Sears.com.That afternoon, i checked my bank account (paid using my debit card) and I had 2 charges from Sears.com for the same amount.

The amount was the cost of the stove. I called Sears.com and they said they only see 1 charge to my bank account. I call my bank and they tell me Sears.com charged my account twice. My bank tells me the need a fax from Sears.com telling them I only bought 1 stove to credit my account.

I called Sears.com and the told me again they only see one charge. I asked for a supervisor and was transferred to 'one'. He told me he would fax my bank.

Two hours later and no fax.

I called Sears.com again and was told that the 'back office' was preparing the fax.

My bank closed at 2:00 on Saturday and sure enough, no fax was received before they closed.

Comments

cuteypearl06
Chicago, Illinois, United States #579800

i had the same exact thing happen to me.I bought a range from sears.com that was delivered to my house.

They charged me twice.

I called three times in regards to my double charge, they keep advising me that they only see one charge and that i will recieve an e-mail from them within 24 hours...up to now, i am still waiting for that e-mail.Now, i am going to file a claim through my bank and see what happens.

i am now at $810.86 loss and i will never order anything from sears again.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous359693:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the double charge to your bank account for the purchase of your new range. We certainly understand your concern and frustration with having to contact your bank which advised you they would need a fax from Sears. After contacting Sears.com and speaking to a supervisor you were told that a fax was being sent and never was received. We would like you to know that we value your business and would like to speak to you concerning this experience and go over the options we have to turn this into a positive experience. If you will allow us, we would like to connect you with a personal case manager who can assist you with this issue and any other issue you may have with Sears.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the range was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Anonymous359693) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.