With Company response Not resolved

To Whom it May Concern:

I just finished yet another frustrating conversation with the Sears fulfillment center which has left me more frustrated than words could possibly capture. I apologize in advance for the tone of my communication but I felt the most senior leader of a retail organization would like to know just how poorly it's fulfillment center is executing order management.

As of today, November 8, 2012, Sears has fraudulently held $1716.65 of my money despite the fact that it admittedly has never delivered the purchased merchandise. My ordeal began on October 6th when my wife found a sofa and love seat while shopping online that she wanted to purchased to accommodate guests in our family room. She was intending to purchase from HomeClick.com however based on my past experiences with Sears (purchased Stainless Steel LG fridge, Dishwasher, Microwave and vacuum cleaner over the past 8 months). And my satisfaction with its service I was more inclined to pay the additional $200 in price to have peace of mind knowing Sears was the merchant. I couldn't have been more wrong. Not only did I pay $200 more than I could've for the same furniture I've been defrauded. Sears has never shipped the merchandised despite having taken my $1716.65. These items were desperately needed by 10/22 and despite Sears promise to make that date nothing delivered on 10/22, 10/23 or 10/24… Finally I had to go purchase furniture locally to accommodate my guests spending an additional $2500 unplanned and still out the $1716.65 Sears is holding for furniture it failed to ship.

After several phone calls and promises of escalation when the order wasn't received on 10/22 I called again on Thursday, 10/25 and spoke with Gladine (associate number 718394) who quite frankly was the only person that offered any form of reassurances that Sears would actually try to resolve the issue. Gladine made several calls and determined that Del Mar was the shipper. After speaking with all of the parties she concluded that nothing could be located as shipped/in route and reassured me that DESPITE the fact that the status says DELIVERED on my order account it does not show delivered on Sears systems and therefore she knows something isn't right. She placed me on hold several times before finally coming back and confirming that the order would be cancelled. Gladine should be commended for handling the situation with the urgency that no other Sears.com associate had demonstrated on any of my SEVERAL previous calls. Gladine told me it was take approximately 24 hours for the cancellation to post and 5-7 days for the funds to be refunded.

Following Gladine's expectation of 24 hours I checked back on Friday and the status still shows delivered and not cancelled. I checked again, Saturday and Sunday and the status had not changed. I checked again, Monday, October 29th only to learn that the order is still in limbo, I was placed on hold at least 3-4 times similar to the way it was handled on previous calls only this time the young man that initiated the call handling was replaced by a lady named "Latishia" I believe. She told me they would have to contact the shipper "Del Mar" (which I told her I Gladine did on Thursday as well) and after she had the shipper reject the order she would be able to process the refund.

On October 30th I received the attached email from Montes R (sreddy1), Sears Customer Care. The note basically said we understand and give Sears 5-7 business days to contact me by email.

I waited the 7 business days and called to follow-up today despite the fact Sears was supposed to call me. I spoke with yet another very pleasant lady that put me on hold several times only to come back and confirm what I knew from previous discussions with Sears:

The tracking number on the order (66A8699935468) is incorrect and is not for UPS

Del Mar has no record of the item or the order (contrary to what I had been told on previous calls when delivery assurance were given the furniture would arrive by 10/22).

Sears shows the order as complete even after knowing very well the order was never processed beyond taking my money.

She repeated what everyone has told me at this point which is she will cancel the order and I will have a refund in 5-7 days. I have no faith any of this is going to happen and since the routine has become so consistent I have no faith but to believe this is a systemic and intentional attempt by Sears to defraud customers.

Sears knows it sold non-existent furniture and took money for a product I don't believe it ever intended to deliver. It advertised the item on it's website and continues to do so as evidenced by today's visit to Sears.com.

I do not believe leadership at an organization as large as Sears is aware of the practices taking place in the business units but I sincerely believe you have a fraud ring of some sort operating within your online department. Having read the reviews for your sears.com customer service I have to believe someone within Sears is aware at some level but I'm hoping this is news to you so you can address the problem and reduce your own liabilities as well as hand this off to the right people so I can be refunded my $1716.65.

I was a bit upset when I typed this so please excuse any spelling or typographical errors.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Comments

ambitious1535

Another example of the shell of a company that actually gave good customer service.The reason your order showed delivered is that someone wanted to make sure they go credit for a completed order/delivery.

In many companies including Sears employees who *** a delivery or fail to meet a quota get gigged.

Also inform your credit card company if not Sears. Actually since Sears does not own their credit card and are so screwed up they might help you as well.

Notify the Better Business Bureau of your experience.Also notify Federalcredit card regulators like the Federal Trade Commission and any politician on a banking/credit card committee in congress.

SearsCares
Sears Response

SDMATHISIII,

My name is Tony and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team at the executive office. I would first like to start by expressing our sincerest apologies for all of the trouble that you have had since making the initial purchase of the furniture. I can certainly understand your frustration with not having received your purchase in the timely manner that you anticipated as you made the order needing the furniture for your company that was coming in. In addition, your aggravation and disappointment with being told multiple times by multiple representatives that your order would be cancelled and the refund would be processed is certainly understandable and I too would be skeptical with regard to this situation.

We recognize that we have let you down in regards to your furniture purchase and we are truly sorry for that. With this in mind, as a valued and longtime Sears’ customer, we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this situation and take over this matter to ensure that your refund is processed in a timely manner.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number that the item is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (SDMATHISIII) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Tony T.