With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Jan 17, 2013

Finally, we got an email notifying us that a credit was processed 1/14/2013 - 1 day short of 2 months. I still need to contact credit card company to see if that is true.

It took 6+ calls to get the money back. I wish I had logged each call and the length of call to know exactly how long many hours it took to get $58.84 back. The most frustrating part was that I could not talk directly to the people who process the refund to see what the issues was. Each time I had to call the customer service #, select the # for "existing orders", just to get someone asking me if they could help me place a "new order" .

"No, I selected the "existing order" option." The first customer service agent early in December really tried to resolve the issue. When nothing happened it took many calls to find another helpful person, a supervisor in the Online Resolution dept - he actually called back twice before he gave up. Of course, I could not get him back on phone when I placed follow-up call.

To get to a supervisor in Online Resolution, you need to call customer service, "NO, I don't want to place a new order, I selected existing order" , ask for online resolutions dept., and then argue for a supervisor.

The rep will tell you the supervisor can't do anything that they can't do but they do seem to have more pull with the dept that processes refunds. They claim the refund process is a "manual process" which doesn't make sense. I was also told "they don't have phones"??? and at one point I was told to contact corporate but they don''t have a phone number either, just email.

I threatened legal action if I did not have a refund by the time my bill was due Jan 14 (note date of refund - how convenient).

In the meantime, since I did not trust Sears after weeks of non-response, I contacted my credit card company about the disputed charge and they removed it from my bill. My husband thinks it might be purposeful delay and they plan on keeping the money of those who do not persist.

Original review posted by user Dec 17, 2012

We ordered an air compressor from Sears.com on 11/15/2012. It was to arrive in 5-7 days.

2 weeks after order, called customer service. It was charged to our credit card but was "stuck" in computer system as "processing". Customer service rep recommended calling their "trusted 3rd party vendor". That vendor said they sold that product but not for the price Sears charged.

Called customer service again. Requested refund. Nothing. Called again and rep said she would put in request to cancel order, she could not do it herself, we would have email confirmation by end of day.

1 more week with nothing. Next rep said she would enter it as a missing order, we would have refund notice by email within 72 hours. Another week of nothing. Another call to customer service to find out that order was cancelled but no, they did not refund my money.

She would request refund.

It will take another 5 business days. How can hundreds, even thousands, of retailers sell online without a hiccup and Sears just can NOT get it right?

Comments

Schenectady, New York, United States #583542

I am having the same problem. Items are stuck "Processing" since Novemberand they already took my money for the items.

They say they can not cancel the order. They have not refunded my money. These were purchased as Christmas presents, so now Im out of the presents and the money. I have complained on their facebook page and of course get their generic computer generated response.

This is the same response I got during their live chat and this is the same response when I called in to speak to someone regarding my missing order and money. I am at a loss as to what to do next? I will never purchase from them again at the local Sears here in town or online.

As someone mentioned before, they farm out all their orders so they actually have no idea as to what happened to your order or how to locate it. The response I got when I complained was "they will forward my concerns." WTF does that mean?

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Turnburrymom ,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We are sorry to hear of the trouble you have encountered with your online order. We understand how confusing this situation has to be for you, especially since you asked that the order be canceled already. We would like a chance to work on your behalf to ensure that this situation is corrected.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was placed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Turnburrymom) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

to Sears Response Schenectady, New York, United States #583545

Dear Turnburry mom: I received the same reply from them. I did email them and heard nothing back from them.

This is one of the generic responses they use. Good luck.

turnburrymom
to Sears Response #594741

There is no amount of damage control you can do to make me "Sears friendly". The process is totally broken. The amount of customer service hours Sears spent on this one order makes me question how the company can stay solvent.