With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Jul 23, 2011

I did go to the Operations Manager and they allowed the return. I wrote to Lou (President of Sears) and was told they would extend my warrenty on our refrigerator and vacuum.

However I only recieved verification for the refrigerator and not the vacuum. My \"conflift\" person said there is no record of approval to extend the warrenty for the vacuum, so another letter to Lou went out today.

Original review posted by user Jun 20, 2011

Facts

1. I bought a CD player (which I tried to return as it was broken), via SEARS, with updates from SEARS in my email, and with the attached response to "Refunds" via the SEARS WEBSITE/Store.

2. My wife and 82 year old Mother In Law (I'm disabled, on SS) brought it to our local SEARS Store, Capitola, CA. who had them go back and forth between Sales, PICKUP, etc and finally said "no", as a third party, unbeknownst to me, was involved. To me, it doesn't matter if there is a third or fourth or fifth middleman, MY Business was with SEARS. SEARS is the one who should STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCTS sold under YOUR NAME, SEARS. I went to the SEARS website, Ordered through the SEARS website, and got a Conformation and Shipping Status email, FROM SEARS. Now you give me a cute "Refund Decline" piece of paper with a 1-800 line to call. YOUR employees, MANAGER, should be leading the way to correct your problem, and not hoping I'll give up after dealing with electronic answering machines.

3. Period.

I want my money returned and I want SEARS to pick up this broken CD Player I had ordered from SEARS. I should NOT be asked to PAY for mailing as it was PHYSICALLY brought back into your SEARS store already.

No wonder my Country is going downhill….this is what a company, that used to be an American Icon, does to its customers these days…

Review about: Sears Manager.

Comments

I DID contact the local store manager and also Corp Sears ( I think close to 20 contacts with different SEARS employees)Heck I even had the local Orchard Supply manager contact me as SEARS couldn't find their own store!!!!!. Seeing todays news of SEARS closing stores, why am I not surprised.And while I found out it was a third party who sold me the item on SEAR's own website, all email correspondence ALSO came from SEARS. F' them!

I purchased a dryer heating element from Sears.com and paid $29.00 for overnight guaranteed shipping. I later received an email stating that the estimated delivery date was over a week later.

I called Sears to be told that although I purchased the item in Sears.com I didn't realy buy it from Sears but a third party vendor. I was ticked and was told they couldn't help me. They told me I had to contact the other vendor. I tried this with no luck.

Sears still can not help me and I can't get ahold of the third party vendor or get my money back. I will NEVER order from Sears.com again.

:( I ordered a pair of slippers from Sears.com, size Medium. They sent size Large. I tried their "live chat" on their website. Complete joke, the person only apologized but did not have a clue how to get my slippers sent back.

Won't bore you with every gruesome detail, but I went through 9 customer service reps and supervisors, totalling FOUR hours of my time to get the slippers sent back (picked up by UPS). They said I had to re-order to get the correct size Medium slippers since they "don't do exchanges". So I did, ordered size Medium and was assured there would be no shipping charge.

Guess what came? Size LARGE slippers yet AGAIN!! :eek I thought I was being punked. Oh, and they charged me a higher sales price PLUS shipping! I had to go through a whole other round of baloney to get those shipped back to the warehouse.

I sent an e-mail with every conversation with the date, time and name of every Sears.com employee I had dealt with, and exactly what had happened. You know what the Senior Case Manager of Online Solutions did? NOTHING!!! :( :( Oh, your basic "i'm sorry you were disappointed"...but nothing else whatsoever. FOUR hours worth of phone calls and e-mails trying to resolve all the problems with this order, and NOTHING was done. I'll never order from Sears.com again, and I will tell everyone I know what happened to me.

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Dkpmad,

I'm sorry you've had such difficulties with this Online purchase. We would like to try and help get this issue resolved for you. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the CD player was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Dkpmad) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

DKPMAD,

I work for Sears (Way to long) and your not the only person this happens too.

Sears.com (Sears Roebuck) has their own items being sold AND they also have items on Sears.com (Sears Roebuck) that are sold through 3rd Party Company's. Sears or Sears.com is not liable for returns IF you happen to purchase the CD Player through a 3rd Party Company. You will have to contact the 3rd Party Company to resolve this issue UNLESS you talk to the proper manager and resolve it at your local Sears store.

Now if you bought it from Sears.com and it was shipped directly from Sears.com center, well you sir can return that item to ANY Sears store. 95% (some items like software, movies, CD's etc. cannot be returned) of the the time this can be done without mailing the item back.

If I were you, I would talk to the brand central manager OR store manager and explain your personal life/situation. Sears has some good employees BUT let's be honest here...they hire "special" people that cannot deal with problems, situations or for that fact keep the company stable.