With Company response Not resolved

The worst shopping experience ever! I purchased an item from sears.com few days before Christmas.

Since it was a Christmas gift I really wanted for it to arrive before the Holidays, I paid $47.00 for the 2 day shipping. The item was supposed to be shipped to the store and they were supposed to let me know when the item is available for pick up (it works with Best Buy miraculously!!!). The item never arrived on time. I contacted the customer service (1-800..) to follow up on the order, explained that I paid extra for the shipping and that the item still didn't arrive (1.5 weeks later).

The customer service representative was pretty annoyed and to shut me up he offered me a refund for the shipping and informed me that the item was shipped and I should contact the store for more information. So I called the sears store just to find out that they have no idea what`s going on and that I should call the 1-800 # (?!?!). Week later I contacted sears.com and sears store again and heard the same story and that they would call me whenever they were able to locate the item. Week later I`ve decided to cancel the order since it seemed like the item was simply lost.

The representative informed me that I will receive a refund within 2-5 business days. Four days later I received an email stating that the item is at the store and if I want a refund I should deal with them. That just confused me since I canceled the order already.

I called the customer service again just to find out that the order was not canceled and that I should call the store. The summary of this experience is that sears.com cannot keep track of their items, shipments etc…, the customer service actually LIES and at the end you don't have the product or the refund!!!!!!

Comments

I bought a dishwasher from sears.com on Nov. 24. It was scheduled to be delivered and installed within a week.

The installer calls me up and tells me the dishwasher I already paid for is no longer in stock. Turns out they sold the dishwasher I bought to someone else.

After wasting at least 3 hours on the phone with India, I had to wait more than a month to get the discount. Worse than that, they charged me twice and I had to waste 3 more hours to get a credit.

Sears is a dying brand. I shop online several time a week and sears.com is by far the worst e-retailer I've ever experienced.

Sears customer service is almost all in India. They read scripts and can't help you with actual issues!

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear JaneDoe2,

Please accept our apologies for the frustration you have encountered with your online purchasing experience. My name is Mike and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I realize how important it was for the item to be available on time for the holidays as it was a gift purchase. I further understand how the conflicting information you have been receiving regarding the status of your order is only exacerbating the situation. We would like to have a dedicated case manager contact you in order to resolve this situation as well as to put an end to the frustration that you have been going through.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (JaneDoe2) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Mike D.