We ordered a clothes dryer from them entirely because they offer to alter the venting location for free (it won't fit in our laundry room otherwise). I followed up after the order both by email and phone in the next two days to ensure it was written properly on the order - I have written confirmation that yes, it is noted.

We picked it up and lo' and behold, it was not vented properly. Eight days later, having talked on the phone every one of them for 1-3 hours (no exaggeration there...), getting conflicting information, hearing "It's not our fault", and being transferred every 10 minutes, I finally get someone who makes arrangements to have it picked up and taken to a warehouse to be fixed. We're told it will be 3-4 business days before we get it back. Fantastic!

Five business days of our dryer sitting in a warehouse somewhere awaiting venting with no communication, and I'm fed up again. I called and was made aware they hadn't started work because we hadn't bought them the conversion kit to do the work with. She then said we would need to buy the kit, drive it the warehouse, then they would vent it. I asked how this could possibly be, as they not only still offer venting as a free service when you order the item on sears.com, but that it says it will be done right on my order. She replied "Oh. Well, I'll bring this up with my supervisor tomorrow morning and you'll get a call to schedule re-delivery." I asked if I can expect a call from her or her supervisor to follow up, and she said "probably not. You might get a call from customer care in a few days."

My assumption is that she will not mention it to her supervisor, so I'll be calling again today if I want my dryer back before I run out of clean clothes. I'm hoping I get someone on the line who cares, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comments

To Cokerat,

My name is Dianne and I'm part of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I found your post here and I wanted to reach out to offer assistance. I’m sorry to read about the problems you’ve encountered with your dryer. I would like the opportunity to investigate this matter. We are a single point of contact for problem resolution within Sears corporate. One of our dedicated and personal case managers would oversee your case from start to finish. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Cokerat) at for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dianne D.