Richboro, Pennsylvania
With Company response Not resolved

On 8/7/2012 I purchased a CMENS Denali 700 Road bike from their website. Due to it not being available in any of the area Sears stores i had to have it shipped to my home, which resulted in my having to put it together myself and incurring a heftier charge with shipping costs involved. All total i paid over $200 for this bike.

Everything arrived on time and in one piece, however once i managed to put it all together and get it out on the road for a test ride for more and permanent fine tuning something happened that i had really not thought possible in this day and age of technology happened: The gear sprocket on the rear wheel hub completely disintegrated while i took that very first ride.

This caused me to lose my footing and feet slipped off the petals resulting in some minor cuts and bruises; Nothing major thankfully but it surely could have been a whole lot worse. I have never seen this, never thought that i would have to concern myself with this and in my many years of biking have never heard of this happening to others.

As i had bought this bike after surgery to help me get back into shape that i had fallen out of for being housebound and sedentary for the last 10 years i was really happy and excited, and after this incident left dazed and very much disgusted.

Since i had bought it from Sears, whom my family has done business for many long years i had no worries, only the disappointment of having to wait a bit longer to get things sorted out. Boy was i ever wrong there! Having called and called again and called again and yet again, having been told numerous times that i should await a response via email or through the mail to be patient. It's been well over 4 months now and i refuse to try and deal with Sears customer service runaround hence me posting my story here.

I haven't heard a word from them, only excuses and promises yet unfulfilled. I don't want it repaired i do NOT trust this manufacturer, I'd like my money back. I could have seriously been injured. I'd just like Sears to stand by their products and customers and do the right thing here. It's been a ridiculously long time now as it is. I didn't know where else to go for help; I just wish i had the CEO's email address so i could let him know how very displeased and concerned i am over this debacle.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

kingpin,

My name is Liz and I am with the Social Media Support Team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you on this issue. I am sorry to hear that we have let you down and would like to offer some assistance with your online order. I can see how disappointing it is purchase a bike, to have issues with the bike, and receive poor customer service while trying to rectify the situation. We would the opportunity to have one of our dedicated case managers contact your with possible options to resolve this matter in a timely manner. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number that the tires were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (kingpin) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

Social Media Moderator

kingpin
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #574257

still waiting, no word from sears for the last 2 months after being told it was being taken care of.