With Company response

Signed a contract with sears to buy a 16 seer, 5 ton Carrier Comfort unit with a 10yr parts warranty. Sales person said installation would only take 1/2 day since I was only buying a condenser unit and evaporator coils.

This is what the salesman from sears promised and what is on the contract. This happened in Houston, TX. They installed a 15 seer unit with 5 yr warranty and work took all day. The sales person and the sears ac program coordinator will not return calls.

I don't know what to do from here. It was bait and switch. I think this is fraud. This experience should scare anyone.

Need advice. I also want to warn anyone who wants buy high-dollar appliances from Sears. There will rip you off. Not interested in the customer after they have your money!!

Learn from what happened to me. Go else where, better to buy from a company who is honest.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

Call the state attorney general in your state to let them know you were defrauded.

Also let your financial institution or the card you used and challenge the charges.

Good luck. Next step is a lawyer......make THEM pay for it.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous411195, My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Social Media escalations department. We truly apologize for all of the troubles that your parents have experienced their appliance.

It is our goal to provide our customers with the highest quality customer service and from what you indicated in your post, we have fallen short of that mark. We would like to contact your parents and further discuss their recent experience and see if there is anything we can do to make this right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the appliance was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly.

In addition, please include your screen name (Anonymous411195) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Thank you, Liz R. Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support