With Company response Not resolved

Dear Sears Corporation:

We ordered a washer and dryer from you almost 3 weeks ago. The sales guy put our delivery off 2 weeks without much reason why, saying it would take that long to get the washer. The day before we were supposed to get them delivered (2 weeks later) the warehouse called us and said we would be getting our dryer in the morning. Confused we asked about the washer was and we were told that they never ordered it...

Upon hearing this we went in the next day to figure it out. Come to find out that they since discontinued that washer, they said that the best that they could do for us was sell us the floor model for 10% off, which I think is unacceptable, it was not in perfect condition. It was dirty and scratched up, but we decided to take it because we didn't think we had any other options, and they promised us that when it was delivered it would look new. They said they would clean it and touch up the scratches with paint. We were excited again to get it, really happy to have figured it out since our washer and dryer had been broken for 2 weeks and we have dirty laundry everywhere. We have been hand washing and laying out to dry the important clothes since we figured it would only be 2 weeks.

So then they called this morning to say they were delivering our washer today...no dryer. Which was very frustrating because our sales guy promised that everything was handled this time. They told me they were going to have to reschedule our delivery. So after sitting on hold and arguing with them they finally got my dryer on that shipment to be delivered today. Then when they got here and the washer is filthy, covered with tape and dust and the scratch they said they would touch up with paint they didn't...then they were supposed to haul away the old ones, but had no room in their truck so they are now sitting in our driveway...

I am very disappointed in the condition of our washer and the customer service we have received from Sears and annoyed with the fact that on our first home purchase in our adult lives we splurged on a nice set and it looks the way it does and were treated poorly. We are living in an outdated house and in the future will be needing all new appliances, and I just don't know how we could possibly go to Sears again because of the terrible service we received. I know that a $900 set is not the biggest sale that our salesman could have gotten that day, but he handled it as though we didn't matter and that we should just be okay with simply adequate service because we were getting a deal on the set. $900 is a ton of money to us even if it isn't to him or you. It is a paycheck and a half for our household, so we would expect better from Sears. I am so sad that what I was excited about 2 weeks ago is not making me regret our whole decision…we should have just bought a used set, which is what we would have done had we known that we were going to have to deal with all of this. Aren't you supposed to be excited about a big new purchase? Especially your first one as a married couple? I am so disappointed with everything; thinking about it brings me to tears.

Rebecca and Brian Johnston

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Sears Response

Dear Rebecca:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please send an email to smsupport@searshc.com with your contact phone number and any other information you would like to provide to us regarding this situation. We will get that information over to a Case Manager who will contact you so that you (and others) won't have to continue to be impacted by this. Also, please provide the screen name (Rebecca Johnston) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.