I purched the Craftsman Belt Drive Assurelink Garage Door Oepner at my local sears for just under $300. I was having alot of work done at my house so it sat in the box for about 3 months before I was finally able to install it which I did last week.

Everything was fine and I really liked this product for the first couple of days. Then yesterday I came home from work and when i went out to my garage i looked up at the time on the smart ccontrol panel (product # 41A7563) and noticed that there was a line of dead pixels straight across the top of the LCD screen. I took out the manual and looked up the warranty which states "From the 91st day through 3 years from the date of purchase, replacement parts for any defective parts on this product will be furnished free of charge. Any costs for professional installation are not included." So I proceeded to call sears...after 45 min and being pawned off to 3 different people I was told Sears would not be able to honor this warranty and I would need to contact Craftsman bbecaue it was a manufacturers warranty.

They gave me the number and hung up, when I finally got in touch with someone at craftsman they tried pawning me off to someone else also so I asked to speak to a manager. The manager then proceeded to tell me that they could not honor the warranty and that I would need to contact the Sears store where I bought the opener. So today when I got home from work I called Sears again and after being pawned off to another person with them finally got someone to say they would honor the warranty. The only thing though is that they would be required to sent out a tech to verify the product was defective and then that person could order the part under warranty.

They said the charge for the tech would be $75. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! $75 for them to come out, look at the LCD screen, and say yup its defective...the price for the part that needs to be replaced is $77.00 just $2 more then the cost of having the tech come out.

When I told the Sears rep that was ridiculous, and the tech would not b doing anything but looking at a screen because I would be removing the defective part and installing the new part myself she said it would still be $75. I told her to have a nice day and hung up.

I have bought nothing but craftsman tools my entire life because of their tool quality and customer service if a tool happenes to break, but after this I have completely lost faith in both Sears and Craftsman.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments