With Company response Not resolved

We are in our 50's have never considered buying anything but Craftsman. We purchased a Craftsman lawn mower only to find it's a piece of junk with the timing skipping consistently. We learned that Craftsman actually didn't make the product but subbed it to Club Cadet who subbed it MTD. If I had wanted a MTD mower I would've went to Walmart and bought one for $500.00 instead of $3000 for a Craftsman.

And their customer service - located in overseas - can't speak English much less provide any solutions.

Craftsman quality is clearly a thing of the past - so sad - they use to make great products. Don't buy these over-priced lawn mowers - save your money and a buy a cheap-o - it's the same thing.

Comments

#332047

Would have to agree with 'crown59' have a 8 year old dyt 4000, with an automatic transaxle. A couple of years after may extended warranty ran out, so did th transaxle.

Ordered one from sears parts direct, got the wrong part, (for over $200) so had to pay to send it back, & was told, (even though THEY sent the wrong part) that the correct one would be over $750!? (more than the thing is worth) Owell...a lesson learned.

NO MORE "CRAFTSMAN" riders for me. (their tools & elect meters have also gone way down hill) Hope my rant is not typical, but word from local friends, says it's typical) Brian

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Crown59,

I'm sorry that you're so unhappy with the quality of your Craftsman tractor. We do value you as a long time Sears customer. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to resolve this and any other Sears related issue you might be having. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the tractor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Crown59) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.