With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Dec 13, 2011

been a month. Sear\'s \"corporate office\" called a few times.

Left message returned calls but still can\'t get to speak to anyone. Their hours do not match anyone working days. I have been told that their website states the warranty and that it does. Still no where does it say that warranty is ONLY covered with a receipt.

I understand the policy but you think they would state this. Many Many others experience the same problems I have as you can see by postings just on this site. Sears just doesn\'t care much.

Still the world should know that any claim Sears makes on warranty will not be honored without a receipt. remember this at gift time.

Original review posted by user Nov 12, 2011

Received a Craftsman cordless compact drill/driver as a fathers day gift 6/2011. On 11/12/11 battery charger failed to work.

Went back to Sears store who said without receipt(given as gift) I needed to call Craftman Customer Service. The 800 number both rep and his supervisor said without receipt, the 1 year warranty not valid and I out of luck. Sears customer service was helpful, but. Warning.

Do not give SEARS items as gifts as without a receipt the product is out of any warranty. Very few people save or give receipts with gifts to have around for 1 year plus.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Weinbufo,

I am very sorry that you have not received the level of customer service that you deserve. This is definitely not the type of experience our customers should encounter with us. We know that our customers purchase a lot of items (such like Craftsman tools) and provide them to family and friends as gifts for a special occasion. We would like to talk to you about this situation and see what we can do to make it right. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Weinbufo) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Robert B.