With Company response Not resolved
2.4

I applied for a sears credit card in march 2014. Bought a treadmill and was paying off each month, with no late payments, trying to build my credit.

When I signed up for credit card I went paperless almost instantly. I made a habit of the first of the month to get online and pay the bill. In October , I signed up like usual and paid my bill. Well on October 30, I got online and I had a notification that my acct had been closed or number had changed.

I immediately called sears. They told me I had not responded to something sent in the mail. I asked them what address they had for me and it was a mixture of a PO Box and physical address. Well, when I was applying for the card I told the lady that I needed to put my PO box down bc I do not receive mail at my physical address( small town) .

She said no problem we will put both down. I got my credit card in the mail, so I figured it worked. When I talked with customer service they said the mail was returned to them so they shut my acct down. I immediately told them that I never received it and that I was paperless and I never received an email.....

They had no explaination about this. I asked what I needed to do to open the acct back up. THey said they couldn't and that I would have to apply again.

I just wonder why would you want to lose a paying customer. Will never buy from sears again!

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hi There--

You definitely deserve an explanation as to why your Sears card was cancelled. Citibank is the best point of contact to get to the bottom of this. You can reach their customer service team at 1-800-917-7700 to discuss your situation.

Thanks!