With Company response

I have paid Sears over $12,000 on a $3,000 credit bill and have had my credit ruined because they don't do what they say, will not work with you to pay your bill, and change payment dates to make sure you are charged $39 in late fees. 10 years ago I had trouble paying bills (yes, poor financial managment) and signed up to use Consolidated Credit to pay down around $35,000 in credit card bills. I had $30K in various Visa cards, $1,500 Walmart Card, $1,800 at Belks, and $2,800 at Sears. Consolidated set up an automatic payment for every card and in 5 years I paid off all the bills except for Sears, which was now $3600 due to late fees and finance charges because they kept changing the payment date (CC sent them a payment on a specific day each month that they had negotiated initially). Plus, it showed 30+ days late constantly. We told Consolidated to take them off the list and we would deal with them directly.

Then, I called Sears (oh, and BTW, over the 4 years time we paid Sears over $3,600 in payments), and told them what happened and we negotiated a monthly payment, automatic draft, and paid all the late fees to get the account current on monthly payment. They agreed to no finance charges, so we were supposed to just be paying down what we owed. We have paid over $2,500 the past 3 years and still owe over $1,800, and BTW we had $135 in late fees that just showed up on the bill that I've never seen, but apparently has been on there since we started and is listed credit 90+ late on my bill, so my credit rating is SHOT. I called Sears and have NEVER been as mad when I called customer service as I was with these people and made sure the manager said that if I paid what he told me were the late fees, that I will not have another problem again. I have paid the late fees, and am paying a set amount every month, and still owe $1,800.

I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN SEARS AGAIN AND TELL EVERYONE TO NEVER GET A SEARS CARD!!! I understand that I was the one that got myself into this situation, but over the past 16 years since I used the card last, I'm still paying on $3,000 worth of charges and have estimated that I have paid for the charges 4 times over. I'm seriously thinking of emptying my savings to get these people off my back, but it's the principle. This is greed, plain and simple, and really poor customer care and service. If they can't see that I haven't charged in over 16 years and have paid I know over $12,000 to the company over that time, you would think they would say "paid in full" and be done with it.

BTW, I did buy what I thought was a really nice tiller 10 years ago at Sears, (I needed it and it was really on sale) Sears brand, didn't buy the warrantee (barely had enough money to buy the tiller). It lasted two seasons in a small garden, then the tynes quit for no reason. I took it to get it fixed and it would have cost me twice the cost of the tiller to fix it. So, needless to say, I'm done with Sears, and now think twice about shopping at Kmart.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Apr 17, 2012.

Comments

Are u for real, or just a machine like the rest of sears customer service. Man what a life you must lead all stuffed up and head in the pot like all the grand ceo"s and the BIG BAD BANK> :) :grin ;) 8) :p :roll :eek :upset :zzz :sigh :? :cry :( :x Never again will we do any thing with SEARS K-MART or any bank or other people that u have a connection with

My Dear Brian social Media Moderator Sears social Media Support, How ever you whish to call your self, please give me a break and call it what you like but it's pure and simple BS" and you know it, they should do away with social media support and save there money. :) :grin ;) 8) :p :roll :eek :upset :zzz :sigh :? :cry :( :x

BOY IS THAT TRUE. all the abouve is right on except the Brian replay, all like the name BS:

That line at the top from Brian S, Should be what it is BS" All that *** about being sorry is BS" And all that *** about helping you out Is BS" In fact Sears and the bank they do credit with is BS" All they care about is MONEY HOW MUCH CAN WE *** OUT OF FIRST

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry that you’re having this experience with your Sears card. We're truly sorry for the frustration and confusion over your Sears account. We can help get you in touch with a supervisor with CitiBank if you'd like. Please understand that our stores do not outline the credit rules and guidelines.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number, and we will call you directly. In addition please include the screen name that I have assigned you (312776) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.