Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I went into my local Sears showroom to purchase a w/d set for my new construction home. This was the second time I had been in.

Around the Fourth of July, we went in and saw a set that we liked but didn't end up getting. Now they are having their Labor Day sale so we figured we would go back in and make the purchase. Especially since I was scheduled to have surgery the following week. I wanted to have death laundered sheets and clothes.

The price for the same set has jumped up $300 from one sale to the next Fine whatever, we want the set we'll get it. But as we go to pay, Sears registers are down at my local location so we can't make the purchase. They send us home and call us back 5 hours later.

At this time, it is not convenient to drive back to the store.

So we figure we would just purchase online. Tried purchasing the set online and was getting an error message. I called customer service to help with the purchase as we really wanted to get the w/d set delivered by my surgery date. I explained what I wanted and the exact specifications.

Also, since I am a Sears MasterCard user I wanted to take advantage of the 12 months no interest promotion. The rep ordered the set for me. The next morning I see that the price is cheaper than what it should be. After looking over the order I notice that 5% was taken off the order and I see nothing about 12 mos no interest.

I call back up to Sears and they tell me that I chose the 5% offer and that I can't do both. I say no, that's not what I wanted. They had to cancel the order start over. But now my money is tied up with the Mastercard showing that I don't have enough avail balance to pay for the w/d set after the cancellation.

By time the money will become refunded the delivery date will be when I am in the hospital for surgery. I spent an hour on the phone getting no where. Why couldn't they correct the money or order on their end?!

Is this how you treat your valued customers & MasterCard holders? What a waste!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of sears customer care. Sears needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sears customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Comments