I have been a Sears shopper for 40 years.I will avoid this store as strenuously as I can from now on, and will encourage my family and friends to do the same.

I recently purchased approximately $90 worth of clothing. We needed to return or exchange about half of our items. Never took tags off, and left them in their original bag with the receipt. I just brought them back and was told that beyond 30 days there is NO return and NO exchange.

I purchased 36 days ago. This is an unreasonable amount of time to begin stonewalling any attempt to exchange merchandise. I fully understand that there needs to be a point beyond which no exchange is possible, but 30 days is simply unreasonable. People have busy lives, families to take care of, and work.

This 30 day policy is a clear declaration to the public that Sears does not care that it's primary demographic, families with busy lives and budgets, does not matter beyond the initial sale of merchandise. Sustaining its customer base is clearly a low priority. I spoke with a sales associate and then a manager, who were both very nice, and stated that they didn't agree with the policy themselves, either. They told me that the system would not even allow them to override any exchange.

I'm not a person who posts angry reviews, but I don't shop anywhere that has adopted such a prohibitive policy, so I felt compelled to announce that I fully disagree with it, and that Sears has lost a FAITHFUL customer.

I have $55 worth of clothing that will be donated to goodwill.Pretty furious with you, Sears.

This reviewer shared experience about return, exchange or cancellation policy and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Sears. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #1221924

How will that go with returns for people making Black Friday purchases??Those gifts won't be able to be returned or exchanged.

That's way over 30 days.

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1221284

If it takes you 36 days to figure out the clothes don't fit, then you have some serious time-wasting problems. 30 days is a standard time-frame for many, many retailers.

to h.kitchener #1221339

Most stores have a thirty day refund policy and a sixty or ninety day exchange policy. Thirty days is uncommonly rigid. Check this yourself.