With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Jan 22, 2014

Sears eventually delivered the refrigerator in the right color on December 29.They took away the white refrigerator, which they will now have to sell as a used appliance.

Had they just changed the color number a week before the first scheduled delivery they would have saved a lot of time, grief, energy, and money.

I have to believe that, in this day of fantastic technology, someone can set up the program that will allow Sears to make a minor change like the one I requested with a few simple strokes on a keyboard.I hope that Sears will attempt to streamline the way they handle orders.

Original review posted by user Dec 14, 2013

SO annoyed with SEARS right now. On 12/2 I ordered an refrigerator from them as a Christmas gift for my mom. It was to be delivered on December 14. When I told her about it, she said she would rather have it in bisque rather than white. I immediately called and tried to get the color changed on the order.

Customer service was not very interested in helping me. They said I could cancel the order and reorder it (at about $120 higher than the Cyber Monday price) or have mom take delivery and then send it back for the other color. (Is that idiotic or what?) I then wrote to customer service and received a return email advising me to call the delivery people directly.

I did that immediately and explained my request. I was told someone would get back to me within 24 to 48 hours. I waited, and when no one called, I called again on Wednesday morning and explained my request to a different person. I was again assured that someone would call me.

Again, no one called me and I phoned hem again yesterday morning. I was told that someone would call me within hours. Want to take a guess what happened? Or didn't happen?

Today the refrigerator was delivered. In WHITE. I have already sent an email to their customer (dis)service department expressing my disgust. I don't plan on EVER buying another appliance or anything else from Sears again. They hire incompetent people/just don't care.

Friends, if you can shop somewhere else, please do so. I would have ordered the fridge from ALBO in South Jersey, but they don't deliver to New York.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Columbus, Ohio, United States #760164

I am more than annoyed with Sears delivery service.I bought a refrigerator for a Christmas gift.

Delivery was scheduled 12/17/2013. They call 30 minutes before delivery and we needed 40 minutes to get there. Well the driver said they would stop back on their last delivery. I called Customer Service Delivery phone at least 9 times speaking to different employees.

One said oh yea they are on their way. That was at 4:00 p.m. and I have called the delivery service and the store up to 8:00 tonight. No delivery.

They would even hang up on me. They receive there money and we pay for delivery. This is the poorest customer service I have ever received. The store at Westland was great.

It is the delivery men and the answering service with the deliveries. This is the worse ever. I would never order anything from Sears again for delivery. I doubt that I would even shop there again.

I will get a refund and go elsewhere. The answer now is you will have to reschedule two weeks out. Well you know what I say to that ???? I paid a delivery fee for what?

You get nothing but a run around. It is a convenience for them and the do not serve customers well. It is understandable why they don't have a good reputation. The sad thing is it is a gift and now I have to look elsewhere.

Wouldn't have a Charge card with this company if they paid me. I paid cash and received the poorest service ever. I am extremely annoyed and it is sad to say you serve at your convenience and expect everyone to *** work and be at your convenience. Then to not show up after we were waiting.

Then the next call was oh well the driver done dropped off the frig. at the warehouse and they went home. Isn't that GREAT?? Wow.....

is all I can say at this point.

Such a shame!!!If you get anything from Sears do not use there delivery service it stinks!!!

Sears Response

I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Kurt and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are sorry for the difficulties you have experienced with trying to receive the correct color refrigerator for you mom. We can truly understand how frustrating it can be not receiving the correct color after you were told your request would be honored. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to ensure this matter is addressed and hopefully restore your faith in Sears. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that you have been assigned to reference your post (goddesscait), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Kurt M.

New Bremen, Ohio, United States #758879

You should of ordered the correct one in the first place!, Buyer FAIL.

to *** Geneva, Illinois, United States #760784

If you read my post you would have seen that I ordered it as a surprise Christmas gift for my mother. It was only when I had to tell her that she would be getting a new fridge did I find out she had a color preference. If I knew she preferred the bisque beforehand, I WOULD HAVE ordered it that way.

Sicklerville, New Jersey, United States #758874

That's a horrible thing to happen!