Our 7 year old Kenmore washer, on which we are forced to have an extended warranty because it is such a piece of trash, broke for the umpteenth time 5 weeks ago. Sears sent a tech, who could not repair it, and who could not persuade Sears to replace it.

Instead, Sears will repair it again. I was told my appt would be 10 days later. 10 days later I had 11 parts, but no one came to fix my machine, though I waited home all day and had checked my appt time and called several times during the day to make sure they were indeed coming. The next day, the tech I'd had called back and said no one could come because the part I needed was on back order for at least 10 more days.

So, we waited those 10 days, plus 4 more. Meanwhile, we have received at least 3 calls per day from Sears, wanting to know if we have received all of our parts, and wanting to schedule service on our washer. The same person never calls twice, nor does anyone call back when we are told they will. No one is ever aware that we have already been called, or that we have been waiting for a month now for our washer to be fixed.

Sears wants us to wait for over $1000 worth of parts to arrive at our house, then send over 2 repair techs, when they have time, to fix this sucky machine. They won't replace it, even though it would cost them less, because we didn't purchase that type of extended warranty.

We won't purchase from Sears again.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #23187

Sears renewed my expired credit card in the store and did not update my current address. They delivered a refrigerator to my house but could not find me to send me the bill.

The collection agency found in a 3 hours after $600.00 interest had accumlated. First ever credit problem for me.

Would not make it right. I don't shop there any more.

Pleasant Dale, Nebraska, United States #23167

So, because you bought a cheap warranty, you want Sears to give you the same treatment you would have gotten with the expensive warranty? Ok, we see how you are.

You're cheap, but demanding.

Good combination. Go get over yourself.