With Company response

I now believe most of the online rants about Sears and wish I had consulted the internet before purchasing a refrigerator from them. As my genius handyman said "Sears is coasting on their reputation.

I won't even buy tools from them anymore." The salespeople pay some attention to you until a nanosecond after the sale: after that you need to stalk them and interrogate them to get any coherent answers to your questions. They push service agreements that are a waste of money to up their sales statistics. Our delivery was scheduled, then cancelled. When it was rescheduled, the confirming call listed a different time than what we had agreed on.

The "Deliverance" (i.e. delivery) people behaved as if they came straight from the movie set in rural Georgia. They were rude, nasty and condescending. When I asked them not to leave the door open because our pets could escape, they left it open 4 or 5 times and I needed to monitor them constantly.

The lower right side of the fridge was damaged or installed improperly after they took the door off the fridge to get it in the house. They suddenly became polite when I summoned my husband, who is 1 foot taller than me and male. The refrigerator was installed without a water filter, without which the icemaker and water dispenser can flood. I had to go back to the store and interrogate a salesperson who obviously did not want to work with me because their was no commission involved at that point.

They wanted to make me pay for the water filter, which should have come with the machine. They could not seem to find the right filter and so they took one out of a floor model and gave it to me, hoping that it worked.

My last refrigerator was from 40 years ago and the salesperson spent close to zero time with me showing me how it worked (i.e., post purchase). The refrigerator looks good so far, but Sears customer service is beyond SCARY.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous423987,

I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. We are truly sorry for the troubles you have experienced with the delivery of your refrigerator. We can see how irritating it is to receive the level of customer service for our delivery team. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience and make things right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the refrigerator is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Anonymous423987) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for the inconvenience we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.