Bonaire, Georgia
3.0

The provider charged us twice for the service contracts. When attempting to get a refund, I was told that it was not an option because it was too many refunds to process as each appliance was charged separately.

As I continued to talk to her, she said that she would have a supervisor call me back. I am still waiting for that call. In addition we have had nothing but problems with our oven. We have had service people tramping through our home on multiple occasions trying to fix it.

When I called to have it repaired yet once again, I was told by the customer service representative that it was eligible to be replaced under Sears "lemon" policy. Apparently if you have three problems with the same issue in a year, Sears replaces the appliance under the "lemon" policy. I was told to go to Sears and pick out an oven that we wanted to replace it with. We did so.

After picking out the oven and working with the sales personnel (who was extremely helpful), I called to find out that he was unable to get the approval to run it through for some reason. I then called customer service again to find out what the problem was. This customer service representative changed the story and said that my oven did not fall under the lemon policy as we missed the one year window by about 15 days. So all the delays in getting service personnel to our house to fix the problem have cost us dearly.

We have an oven that does not work. I just missed the date of the one year policy as a result of their multiple delays in scheduling repairs citing that a repairman was not available until a certain date. I even talked to a senior representative and they did not care that I was originally told that it did fall under the policy or even that I had a oven that still does not work. He suggested that I go buy a new oven and he could give me a 50% discount.

I told him that I do not pay the considerable amount to cover the service on my appliances just to have to go out and buy a new one.

He said that if I wanted to that I could write Sears corporate office. I did want to let consumers to be aware before spending the money on a service contract if they buy an appliance from any Sears store.

Review about: Sears Sales Representative.

Comments