With Company response

We bought a place with a Sears stove that didn't work. During the inspection, the previous owners were notified that it wasn't working and had Sears come out to fix it.

We moved in, and it didn't work, so we had to call them again to schedule appointments. I hadn't heard anything after about 10 days, so I called them, they informed me that my appointment window was the NEXT DAY, so I quickly rescheduled my work appointments and stayed home. They were supposed to show up between 8-12, the guy came around 1 and was done by 1:30 because he didn't have any of the parts he needed and said he had to order them and come back another day to install them. I said OK, paid the $100 service charge, he ordered the parts, and we waited.

5 days later the parts show up at our apartment in an unmarked box (I had no idea he'd order them to be delivered to us, but anyway) so I call them to schedule the appointment, get passed around to a number of customer service associates via our warranty/insurance company. Finally after about an hour I get someone on the phone, we schedule for the following THURSDAY (today). I stay home today for my 8am-12pm window, but by 11:45am hadn't heard a peep from Sears, so I called them. They tell me that they rescheduled our appointment for TOMORROW because they overbooked today.

Normally a level headed person, I flipped out and basically said something to the tune of "Were you planning on telling us this? Do you have ANY idea how inconvenient this is? This will be the THIRD day I'll have to *** from work to accommodate your *** company. This is not how a business is run, I want reimbursement for my time, therefore you should reimburse us for the last service charge as it didn't end there, I've had to take an extra 2 days off, AND follow up with your company for every single minute detail.

You haven't told me when any of my services were scheduled, I've had to follow up with you, this is the last time we will ever do business with Sears again. Can't you just fit us in today, the day you guys gave me last week, because this is YOUR fault? Also, can I speak to a manager." and the Sears woman goes "I'm sorry you're having trouble scheduling your appointments, but we don't reimburse for service charges. My manager is going to give you the same information, so I can transfer you, but it's not going to do anything.

" So I said most of it all again, more or less, and said this is the worst service ever and that they would hear from the better business bureau. She again said "I'm sorry you're having trouble scheduling your service" NO, that is NOT what I AM having trouble with.

SEARS having trouble getting it's sh*t together to deliver on a product that I paid for is the problem, NOT ME. If we ever get this stove fixed, we will never do business with Sears ever again, and I strongly urge that none of you do either.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We would like to apologize for how your range repair has been handled, and for the unbelievably poor customer service that was provided to you throughout your experience. We would like to follow up with you regarding the concerns you brought up, and see what can be done to correct them moving forward. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous 437414), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Brian S.