Grafton, West Virginia

We purchased a matching Aspen Green Whirlpool Washer & Dryer February 2009 from our local Sears Store. Exactly one year later the trim ring around the dryer door was falling off and it can not be replaced as Whirlpool no longer manufactures the Aspen green Color machines or parts.

According to the Warranty we purchased we were entitled to a replacement. Unfortunately it now must be a different color from the initial set. Which means I no longer have a matching set. This to many phone calls and much arguing to get this accomplished.

So we now have a replacement machine scheduled to be delivered Saturday Feb 27, 2010. The delivery window was 9am - 11 am. The drivers arrived 40 minutes early. I was in the process of feeding my young children breakfast when they arrived.

When the drivers arrived the machines were stacked and they unstacked them and removed the old dryer and brought int he new dryer. They then realized they did not have a staking kit. So they put us on the phone with one of their people who told us it was our fault we did not order the stacking kit and when we get it they will be back. My husband told the women he would get it that day and she agreed that they would return the next day to finish the installation. We asked what time and we were told to wait until between 6 pm and 9pm for a call giving us a delivery time. The call never came. I woke early the next day and proceeded to place a call to see when they would be there. to make a very long story short it took 1 hour 20 minutes 7 different people, being disconnected once to be told that they could not be out until 5 days later. I told every last person that 5 days was unacceptable. Finally the last person I spoke with told me that she sees in her computer that we are scheduled for a visit on Sunday and I asked for a specific time as she was the first person to mention this. She placed us on hold and came back to tell us she was mistaken and they could not get someone out until the following Day - Monday. Obviously better than five days but not what I was Promised and it was only again after being disconnected and on the phone for 1 hour and 20 minutes total. Throughout this entire ordeal my husband and I have repeatedly told every representative we have spoken with that we are in the process of purchasing a home theater system to include TV, surround sound and video game and that it will not be purchased from Sears. Each person gave us the same sorry to hear that response and not a single one was sincere or offered to fix the problem in order to keep a Sears Customer. Moral of the story. Stop shopping at the big conglomerates and shop the local man he needs and appreciates the customers.

Comments

#199613

Let me just say that ultimately we now have a matching washer and dryer.Throughout this entire ordeal, we had frustration after frustration.

WE did make a call to Shayne in the above post and he was able to get us a replacement washer so that both the washer and dryer matched. Problem is I had to make a post on this website to make that happen. All those minutes on the phone with the numerous people and none of them could fix the problem. Funny thing is that Sears actually replaced a washer and dryer that worked all because they could not replace the plastic trim ring on a washer that worked.

Perhaps I should rephrase my comment "customer service is dead" and say "common sense is dead" Seriously, not one person could get permission to change out both trim rings so my machines would match. I actually offered that as a solution to my problem. Change both trim rind\gs to chrome instead of the aspen green and all will be OK. Not one person could get that done.

No instead Sears replaces to perfectly good machines.Yes I shall make the title change now "COMMON SENSE IS DEAD".

to arinck Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #753958

I don't believe a word of any of this.

Dear Arinck:

My name is Shayne W. and I am part of the Sears Cares escalations team. We would like to apologize for the problems that you encountered with your washer and dryer set that you purchased in 2009 as well as the problems that you encountered when we delivered your new units. We do value you as a Sears customer and would like to the chance to look into this for you and get your feed back as well. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can look into this for you. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the number that the washer and dryer were purchased under (if it is different from the contact number) and we will call you directly. Also, please provide the screen names (Arinck) used to post here for reference to the issue.

Shayne W.