Our first call for a broken dishwasher (bought in Dec 2009) was June 11, 2010.

Since then five servicemen have come and ordered different parts? We wait.

Appointments are missed - no excuse no apology. We wait.

Customer service will NOT help. They are trained to be absolutely useless.

Email, registered letters, phone calls, visits to the store - NOTHING helps. And we wait for service!

I will never buy an appliance at Sears again.

Warn all your friends and family. After all this I expect no one from Sears to contact me, make amends or offer an apology. You are warned.

Comments

Dear Patio,

I sincerely apologize for my late response to your post. I wanted to reach out and offer help if you still had not received resolution or satisfaction with your dishwasher. I'm sorry to hear your Sears repair experience was a frustrating and stressful one. We'd like to try to help. My name is Scott and I'm with Sears Cares Escalations within corporate. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Patio) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.

Senior Case Manager

Sears Cares

Sears used to be more reliable and reputable, but now??? They are horrible.

I wouldn't dare buy an appliance from them now.

Their automotive dept. is just as bad and they used to be really good.

Never again will we buy from Sears. In my humble opinion Sears Service is beyond HELP.

We bought a Sears Washer and a Dryer 18 months ago. Two months ago our Dryer malfunctioned (the timer stopped working, and the Dryer will not stop running).

We have had 6 appointments over the past 6.5 weeks, and the dryer is still NOT fixed.

P.S. We were charged for the service and part right off the bat.

I have spent 6 times (days) waiting for Sears Service technicians, each "wait" was 4 hours long. In addition I have spent numerous hours on the phone to no avail.

I spoke to 1(800)469-4663(Beyond USELESS).

I spoke to 1(800)479-6351 (Empathetic, but of no help).

I spoke to (973)989-7440 Very empathetic, but of no help).

They have twice mailed a (REBUILT) replacement timer. The first one was defective, the second one has yet to be installed.

I should have read this blog before June 2010. Live and learn.