With Company response

I smelt a strong plastic burning odor and tracked it to my Kenmore refrigerator that I have has less than 5 years.The light bulbs shorted out and the plastic around the area caught on fire.

Sears says that they are aware of some "iisues" with this model and that the same thing has happened to several others but at this time there was no recall. What does it take for them???? I worked for sears for 34 years and will never buy another Sears product or anything else from any of their stores.

I can't believe how far their quality has fallen.No wonder no one shops there.

Sears Response

Dear Valued Sears Customer,

I want to apologize for the delayed response to the situation with your refrigerator as I just came across your post. I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve had in getting assistance with your refrigerator. Sears prides itself on excellent customer service and it seems we have not met our goal in your case. We would very much like to speak with you regarding your refrigerator and make sure everything that can be done is being done on your behalf.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. This means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we may address the concerns you related in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please refer to the reference name that we have given your post (Refrigerator 42811) so that we will be able to quickly access your information. We do look forward to talking to you soon.

Laura D.