With Company response Not resolved

I am writing to share my frustrating experience I have had dealing with Sears and the terrible customer service hot lines. I am a first time buyer from Sears and ended up buying a washer and dryer set from one of their outlets. Delivery was scheduled, and they arrived at the time they said they would. Everything went great. They installed everything and were extremely friendly.

The problem started when I found that I needed to change my cord over to a 4 prong so that it would fit into my outlet. I didn't have the cord at the time of delivery so they were unable to fix this for me. I was OK with this since I didn't have the part and I knew they couldn't sit around all day while I went shopping to get one. I didn't really think it would be a problem because I have changed out a cord before and my father is an electrician.

This is where I ended up running into problems with customer service. After spending an hour reading the manual and trying to figure it out....I decided to give customer service a call for a little help. I wanted to talk to someone about this model dryer and the fact that my dryer looked nothing like the set up in the manual. I spent the next 4 hours talking to a variety of different people. I told my story at least 20 times and was hung up on at least 5 times. I kept trying thinking that someone would be able to help. Well I guess I was wrong. Two days later.....6 hours of talking and holding....and I haven't received any real help.

I honestly don't know what my next step will be as I don't think I can spend anymore time trying to deal with the terrible service. I will never make the mistake of buying something from Sears again. I'm at the point to where I'm just going return the entire thing and buy from someone else.

If you value your sanity then you will stay away from Sears!

Thanks,

Ray Sensabaugh

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

SearsCares
#281911
Sears Response

To Ray Sensabaugh,

I want to apologize for the poor service you have received while trying to get assistance with your dryer. Sears prides itself on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our services and it appears we have not met that goal here. We would very much like to assist you in resolving this matter to your satisfaction.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can assist you in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Gatoray / Ray Sensabaugh) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Laura D.