I recieved the card about the recall on November 23rd, 2012.

As per the recall instructions, I cut the cord and printed out the label and mailed it on the same day.

I started calling their customer service number after 4 weeks. They gave me the reference no for my call and told me that he will call back with the status.

Two more calls and still nothing. It is more then 2 months now & I have not received the payment / check yet for the dehumidifier.

Yesterday I received the 25% discount coupon for buying the dehumidifier & instantly ripped it off and is now in recycle bin, since I have no intention of buying another junk from Sears ever.

Infact I have not stepped in to Sears even once in the last 6 years. I had the worst experience with their Kenmore washer & dryer as well that I bought 12 years ago. Now this second worst experience with the de-humidifier recall, means that they have lost the entire generation of my family from being their customer.

Review about: Sears Coupon.

Comments

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States #709475

Lawsuits are expensive for a $300 item but a boytcott of Sears is in order. Also LG makes the product in China - I will boycott them too. We missed the american made products - America wake up!!!!

Sears recalled our dehumidifier because it is dangerous.For our $300 dehumidifier they claimed we would receive a $100 check and a $25 gift certificate in 10 days.

Big surprise after a month nothing even after numerous calls and emails.

I think they need a lawsuit for more then just the ones that started on fire, now they need one for the people who got ripped off for just having one!!I hope one of my friends gets in on this lawsuit and gets lots because obviously they don't plan to pay anyone unless they get sued!

Detroit, Michigan, United States #678328

Almost identical experience, though haven't got any refund or discount.I filed complaints, sent emails, and sears customer solutions basically said they couldn't help.

They lost a lifetime customer.Considering most of their tools are now also made in China, I can say I won't be shopping at sears any time soon.