I recieved the card about the recall on November 23rd, 2012.

As per the recall instructions, I cut the cord and printed out the label and mailed it on the same day.

I started calling their customer service number after 4 weeks. They gave me the reference no for my call and told me that he will call back with the status.

Two more calls and still nothing. It is more then 2 months now & I have not received the payment / check yet for the dehumidifier.

Yesterday I received the 25% discount coupon for buying the dehumidifier & instantly ripped it off and is now in recycle bin, since I have no intention of buying another junk from Sears ever.

Infact I have not stepped in to Sears even once in the last 6 years. I had the worst experience with their Kenmore washer & dryer as well that I bought 12 years ago. Now this second worst experience with the de-humidifier recall, means that they have lost the entire generation of my family from being their customer.

Review about: Sears Coupon.

Comments

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States #709475

Lawsuits are expensive for a $300 item but a boytcott of Sears is in order. Also LG makes the product in China - I will boycott them too. We missed the american made products - America wake up!!!!

Sears recalled our dehumidifier because it is dangerous. For our $300 dehumidifier they claimed we would receive a $100 check and a $25 gift certificate in 10 days.

Big surprise after a month nothing even after numerous calls and emails.

I think they need a lawsuit for more then just the ones that started on fire, now they need one for the people who got ripped off for just having one!! I hope one of my friends gets in on this lawsuit and gets lots because obviously they don't plan to pay anyone unless they get sued!

Detroit, Michigan, United States #678328

Almost identical experience, though haven't got any refund or discount. I filed complaints, sent emails, and sears customer solutions basically said they couldn't help.

They lost a lifetime customer. Considering most of their tools are now also made in China, I can say I won't be shopping at sears any time soon.