With Company response Not resolved

We bought a washer at the sears outlet around the corner from our house.We paid for delivery.

When it arrived, it was severely damaged. I refused delivery. They called to schedule a delivery of another unitl. When it arrived, it was the same damaged unit.

I went back to the store and canceled the order and exchanged it for another washer. That one was delivered not only severly damaged, but without any moving bolts in the back of the unit - most likely ruining the entire unit - and someone had written in marker on the warehouse copy of the receipt a lot more damage than our receipt showed. It was clearly fraud. I refused to accpet that unit either.

We finally went back to the store and got the whole thing refunded. Still, every morning I receive phone callse from their automated caller to call them back. 3 phone calls later and we can not get the morning phone calls to stop. Today I received 7 calls at 8 am in the morning for an item we already got our refund.

This company does not know what they are doing. Don't shop there unless you can take the item home in your car that night.

Even then, check other places.I bet you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Sears Response

packer girl,

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've had with your washer being delivered not as you expected. My name is Brian H. with the Sears Cares team and we'd like to help. Obviously purchasing items from an outlet store means that it is not considered a new product but if it was delivered to you in a condition you didn't expect, then we'd like to know more as well as assist you in any way we can. If you could please email SMAdvisor@searshc.com with a phone number we can use to contact you, as well as the number used to purchase the washer, we will have a case manager call you directly. Also, please be sure to include your screen name (packer girl) in your email so we can reference your issue. Again, we apologize and we hope to hear from you soon.

Brian H.