I purchased a dishwasher from a Sears store on Saturday 12/29/07.The associate was very nice and everything went smooth.

We set up delivery for 12/31/07. I received a call around 6:00 PM the night before to inform us that our delivery window was between 1:15 PM and 3:105 PM. When they stated our address on the call it had one number incorrect. When I spoke to the associate, she corrected it and said we were all set.

The next day, it was past 3:15 and no dishwasher had shown up. I called Sears 800 delivery line and the first customer service associate Mark informed me that the computer said the delivery is on time and he could not track the delivery person. I called back immediately because I didn't believe him and talked to a nice lady who put me on hold for 13 minutes and told me that she called the warehouse and that the dishwasher was routed out to me and should be there soon. I waited another 30 minutes and still not delivery and called again.

This time I had a lady who rushed me through the call said that she will call the delivery person and they will call me back in two minutes. Again, another 30 minutes and no call or dishwasher.

I called again, and I spoke to a lady in AZ, who then put me on hold for 10 minutes and then said because I changed my address the night before (by one number) I would not be getting my dishwasher today. I asked for the supervisor.

Jennifer, the call center supervisor told me that if an address change happens after 3:00 PM the day before, then the delivery has to be rescheduled. I asked her then why do you call people at 6:00 in the evening and she said it is automated. She then said that the next delivery day available was 1/3/08. I said that I wanted it earlier because of the mistake and no communication by Sears and she said that was impossible.

She also tried to tell me that their customer service center had a lot of new people and they needed further coaching. (Sounds like everyone needs more training, especially Jennifer!) Jennifer, told me that she is a single mother working two jobs and takes all mistakes personally. Unfortunately, Jennifer needs to take it a little more personal because once I got off the phone with her, I called the store I purchased the dishwasher from. I spoke to a great guy, Dave.

He called the delivery center and they did not schedule my dishwasher for delivery on 1/3/08. He apologized and was very angry himself. In my opinion, the store employees are much better trained then the support staff.

I am crossing my fingers that I will get my dishwasher, but I am not holding my breath!

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

Wrexham, Wales, United Kingdom #1517

again sears delivery is done by sub contracors so when it sold everything goes to subs for delivery set ups. Sears chain of command is a joke. So even the stores manager or your sales person can run into the same problems you do, theres no magic buttons for them to help you until the sub contractors got there people lined up and ready.