I have yet to encounter a worse customer service experience than Sears Delivery.I ordered a washer/dryer and scheduled delivery for Sat.
11/12/16, guaranteed between 2-4pm. On the date of the scheduled delivery I received a call at 1:45pm from Sears telling me that they were unable to deliver the items due to no one being home....we were home. No one rang the door bell, instead I received an automated call and was unable to tell someone I was there. I called the delivery department immediately, they stated I would need to reschedule, I refused and demanded that they fulfill their guaranteed delivery between 2-4pm as that time had yet to arrive.
After speaking with several representatives I was assured my delivery would still take place the same day. At 3:51pm I received a call from the delivery driver personally who said he was approximately 20 minutes away, an hour later he had yet to arrive and would not answer his phone. Another hour later and a representative called to let me know that the driver would be unable to futile delivery as they had already gone home. Needless to say I was furious, she insisted delivery had to be completed between 8am and 5pm and the next available date would be Monday 11/14/16; we arranged for 3-5pm guaranteed delivery.
I was not pleased to say the least as this interfered with my work schedule tremendously, I reluctantly took time of work to accommodate this delivery. Monday morning I received an automated call telling me that my delivery had been delayed and would need to be rescheduled. I immediately called the delivery service department, I was told that there were no notations from my previous calls, that they were not at fault as they had attmepted delivery on Saturday, at this point I began to question them about their process, knocking, ringing the door bell etc. I know for a fact that these things did not take place, my kids were out front playing and state they never saw a truck at all and we live on a couldesac.
I truly believe they never attempted delivery. After a long, drawn out discussion the representative insisted the soonest available date would be Thursday 11/17/16. I told her this was absolutely unacceptable and demanded to speak to a supervisor, at which time she offered the next day Tuesday 11/15/16. I explained to her that I would like to schedule a guaranteed time of 3-5pm to offer minimal interference with my work schedule as well as requested a call back from the supervisor who was "unavailable", I recorded her name and employee ID number and again confirmed the delivery date/time, she assured me we were confirmed and that a supervisor would call back within an hour.
Approximately 6 hours later a supervisor called and immediately said "I understand you'd like to reschedule your delivery that we attempted on saturday when you weren't home?" This was an absolute breaking point, I reiterated my previous experience and concerns, she stated she could not guarantee a time that it would be up to the Luca delivery warehouse and that I would need to answer an automated call to accept the scheduled time on 11/15/16. Tuesday morning I received a call from the delivery driver stating they would arrive between 12-2pm vs 3-5pm; I asked if he was confident of his time and again adjusted my schedule. At 12:49pm I received a call from the same driver stating he would arrive between 20-40 minutes. At 2:25 they had yet to arrive and would not answer my call.
They finally arrived at 2:35pm, almost 2 hours after his call estimating 20-40 minutes. They literally inboxed the items on the street, no attempt to respect the items I just purchased, they were extremely rough with both items. Installed both items very quickly and asked for a signature in order to leave. While I realize that we can't control traffic, a time window should be manageable.
I will NEVER purchase from Sears again due to this experience, I would highly recommend saving yourself from the hassle, purchase elsewhere.Once my delivery was complete, I received a link for a review, upon following that link I was notified that I had already left feedback regarding my experience; I suppose they didn't want my review to be shared...which is why I'm sharing here.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Ease of Use|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Layout of Store|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I purchased 8 large appliances from Sears in August 2016. We were moving and remodeling a home. We finally had our appliances put in in February 2016...."
- "I went to this store to purchase a shower gift only to find the item pictured below. I was then told by Jeff Gieb at the Edgewood Town Center..."
- "My $2246.90 Bella Luna 7pc lighted dining set has no warranty by sears or Agio the manufacturer the glass top shattered by me putting the umbrella in the ring of..."
- "We rented from Avis-Budget in Israel and had the worst experience of our lives. The car was delivered to us in a dark garage. When I arrived to pick up..."
- "NOW OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAS FILED BANKRUPTCY TO GET OUT OF ANY PAYMENTS OR STUFF HE STOLE FROM CUSTOMER VEHICLES. THIS MAN IS A SCAM ARTIST, A CHEAT AND..."
- "Sofa and chair are both less than five years old. When we purchased our La-Z-Boy, we were told it was 100% real leather. I do not see a real quality..."
- "I went to the store located in Hammond Indiana on 169th st. I bought a drinking bottle thst contained a straw and a flip top. The straw is too small..."
- "FRAUD ALERT!!! PLEASE DO NOT ORDER HAIR FROM ROSY HAIR. THEY ARE FRAUDULENT!!! PLEASE READ!!!! I ordered "1 x 100% Virgin Malaysian Hair Wavy 3 Bundles Mixed Length (10511) =$198.00" from their..."
- "Tomball Dodge Customer Complaints **** BEWARE **** Don't fall for their "Welcome to the Family, or some other family line of BS" We brought my new 2013 Dodge Durango Crew..."