Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
With Company response Not resolved

Never in my life have I seen such a joke of a delivery team.My delivery was set on a day I was off work and I had open availability from 7 am until 9 pm which is more than enough time to deliver a mattress set.

I waited... and waited... and waited....

NO call and NO show.

I called the store which gave me an 800 number. I called "delivery solutions" which said the driver was running behind, (no kidding? ) and that he should have called (really, Ya think?) but he was having a "family issue" and the rest of his deliveries would be rescheduled. I understand emergencies but I also expect professional courtesy.

Someone could have contacted us. The next delivery date I had to take a day off work, but was promised the morning (before noon) delivery time so I only had to take half a day off. At 2:00pm I called my boss to say I wasn't coming then called the 800 # again. No surprise, "Mike" was running behind but I was next on the list and he would be there within the hour.

Three hours later, no call and no show, I called back. I was assured he was on his way. He never showed. I canceled my order.

I repurchased a similar bed for a better price online and it was delivered with no problems on the date promised.

I have been a Sears customer for over 30 years.I will continue to shop in-store but will NEVER buy another bed from them or anything else that requires their "Delivery Solutions." I do not understand why they would contract with a company that is so incompetent, unconcerned with customer relations and blatantly unprofessional.

Comments

I purchased a Nordic Trac Treadmill at Sears on 4/12/14.I paid for delivery and removal of my existing treadmill.

Delivery was scheduled for Thursday - 4/17/14 between 10AM - 12Noon. I could not attend due to having to work, so I rescheduled. Had to wait another week for delivery on Thur - 4/24/14 between 3PM & 5PM. I arrived home at 3PM and the delivery men were there.

They dismantled and removed my existing treadmill, brought in and assembled the new treadmill. I watched them do the assembly, and when they were done, they handed me a phone to watch a Sears video requesting that I rate the delivery. I rated everything high and handed the phone back to the tech. They left and I stayed inside reading the manual.

When I went to leave my home later, guess what I found on my porch? The old treadmill. I immediately called the delivery guy's cell phone and said you forget the old treadmill. He said we asked you if we could leave it there and you said it was OK.

I said yeah temporarily, not permanently, I paid to have you remove it. He said he would have to discuss with his manager. I then called Sears delivery, spoke to a girl who placed me on hold 3 times for 3-5 minutes each, and then told me that someone would pick up the treadmill tomorrow (Fri). Well it's Friday night and the treadmill is still on my porch.

So I called Sears delivery again. Now the girl said the earliest they can pick up the old treadmill is next Thursday.

So the disassembled treadmill will have to sit out on my porch for another week?Now that is poor service!

Chicago, Illinois, United States #777760

Sears delivered my bed on time, but first their deliverymen refused to *** their shoes and walked all over my new white carpeting with salt/slush on their shoes, and then refused to reconcile the situation..... i wish I had the opportunity to cancel my order and not give them a dime of my money.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hi CustomersR1st,

We appreciate you taking time to post about the challenges you experienced with your mattress set delivery.We understand obligations and time commitments and based on your post it appears you have been greatly inconvenienced and disappointed.

My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. Eventhough you cancelled your Sears order and purchased elsewhere and have taken delivery of your product, I would like to take this time to reach out to you. We would be happy to put you in contact with a case manager for further assistance and to provide feedback to the appropriate management team.

At your earliest convenience, Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (CustomersR1st), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com.Again, thank you for taking time to post about your appliance delivery; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Caratunk, Maine, United States #772375

A customer of 30 years, with some of your sarcastic comments I honestly thought that you were eight years old.