We recently tried to purchase a new Maytag dryer. My wife purchased it at the Toms River, NJ store. We were told by the sales person that a computer will call the night before your delivery date to tell us the expected time of delivery. My wife was also informed that the delivery would be either in the morning or afternoon.

The night before the delivery we received the computer generated call informing us that the delivery was set for 5:15 PM to 7:15 PM. This

was unacceptable to us since we had already re-arranged out schedules for either a morning or afternoon delivery. My wife call the 800

number immediately and tried to reschedule the time. But the service person told us that we would need to reschedule for another day!?

That was totally unacceptable. We would again be at the mercy of Sears delivery department in telling a paid customer that their whole day would be shot waiting for a delivery.

The next day, day of delivery, I took off from work and went to the TR store to change the delivery time. The sales people told me there was nothing they could do about the time and I would have to reschedule for another day.

Who runs Sears stores? The delivery department?

The TR store manager Scott, went out of his way for me and called the delivery department directly and explained my situation. The delivery department called the delivery truck and said they could deliver the dryer between 10:30 Am and 3:30 PM. I said great and then waited home for the delivery.

Guess what no delivery and no call from the delivery department. I tried again calling the 800 number but again they said there was nothing that they could do. The delivery department is set with their times.

Again who runs the Sears stores the delivery department?? When dealing with Best Buy or any of the other stores they ask me do I prefer a morning, afternoon or night time delivery? Then they tell me on what dates that time is available. Very easy and I can plan my day. Not, here is your

time and if you do not like it tuff.

So I canceled the order and I will do business with a better caring store. Now I must wait, 5 to 10 business days, for my $500 since my wife paid cash for this thing. What a big mistake that was. We didn't realize that Sears holds your money ransom when you pay with cash.

We will not be purchasing another appliance with Sears and informing our friends of their total lack of customer support concerning appliances.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada #1353302

It's 'service' like this that has Sears on the brink of bankruptcy, with stores closing all over North America. Sad how a once-great company has allowed this poor service 'disease' to rot the enterprise from the inside.

Valdez, Alaska, United States #15386

My wife and I recently ordered a Whirlpool Duet Washer and Dryer and were told by the delivery department that we would get them between 4pm-6pm, while not my idea of great timing, we were able to schedule around it.At 6:45 I called the 800 number and was told that the drivers were overbooked and would be to my house in 15 minutes.

At 7:30 when I called again I was told that they were just now leaving the job before mine 35 minutes away!!!! I will never again deal with a product that is being Delivered by actual Sears delivery. The Independant that sears sent to do our dishwasher called to verrify the address personally AND asked if we would like it installed EARLIER than our scheduled time.

He also cleaned up his own mess which is something the Sears team "forgot" to do just like they "forgot" to leave the manuals and warranty cards for our new HE washer and dryer.Face it, customer service is dead and burried.

Borehamwood, England, United Kingdom #12783

I know exactly what you mean.I was supposed to have a freezer delivered on a Friday between noon and 5.

I decided I would run some errands in the morning. Well, in the couple of hours I was out, Sears delivery called.

They were at my house at 9:30 in morning.Since I was not there, I had to reschedule.