I purchased a mattress during Sears's July mattress sale. I purchased it 3 weeks in advance of the delivery date. I was contacted the day before with a 5:30-7:30 window. I waited until 8:00 before contacting Sears. Over the next hour, I would talk to 3 different people, speaking three dialects of English, about my order.

The first CSR offered to "reschedule" the delivery three weeks from the original delivery date. I'm moving next week, so that wasn't an option. He went straight to cancelling, but told me I'd have to call a special number for a shipping refund. I called that number and explained that I wanted the mattress, not a refund. That person told me they would connect me to delivery and work this out. She basically passed me off on the next CSR who had no idea. This third CSR said they would schedule my delivery for within the week and I would get a call in 24 hours.

Neighbors informed me that two gentlemen arrived at 10:30 that night in a Sears van and were banging and kicking the door, and screaming loudly outside.

I called Sears tonight to convey this complaint and inquire about my order and was told the warehouse cancelled the order, and that I would need to contact a different number about a shipping refund.

Caveat emptor. This one experience with Sears is enough for me to avoid them in the future. I will also be filing a small claims action against them to mitigate the price of the same mattress that I will have to purchase elsewhere.

Comments

Dear Anonymous ,

My name is Dee M. with Sears Cares and we want to offer our assistance regarding your recent mattress purchase/delivery experience with us. We are so very sorry to hear about what took place with our delivery team and we would like to address this matter with you. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous 432659), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com . We value your Sears loyalty and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Dee M