2.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

$120 DieHard Battery Gold 72 months warranty. Local Sears Automotive closed subsequently.

Battery useless at 43rd month. 43/72 x $120 = $72 of useful service. Value lost $48. Sears will not honor warranty unless I drive 200 mile trip to a remaining Sears Auto Center.

That coats $60 and all day. Warranty is useless. Sears will not issue credit based on copies of invoices and battery testing printout. Calls to remaining Sears Automotive Stores and Sears Customer service at 1 (888) 819-6963 resulted in unhelpful information that I can summarize as "sorry, we cannot help you: that warranty is only good on an identical battery bought here.

We will not issue a merchandise credit from Sears that you can use on another Sears product.

When we closed your area's Sears Automotive center we decided to abandon customer service and abandon loyal customers. Conclusion: Sears Auto-Centers are all going to close because they despise loyal customers by dishonoring Sears DieHard Gold Battery warranties.

Product or Service Mentioned: Diehard Car Battery.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: Rutland vt sears automotive.

I didn't like: Close rutland vt store.

• Sears Diehard Gold

Comments

I AS WELL HAVE HAD A VERY DISAPOINTING EXPERIENCE, I WAS IN THE CRENSHAW BALDWIN HILLS MALL, AUTO DEPT. WENT IN EARLY 11/2011, FOR 2 NEW TIRES PUT ON, SUPPOSEDLY.

LONG STORY SHORT, I GOT IN AROUND 1;20 pm. checked in. ASK THE SERVICE GUY, HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE HE RESPONDED ANYWHERE FRM 3 TO 3 1/2 HRS. I WENT INSIDE THE MALL AND RETURNED BACK IN ABOUT IN ABOUT 3HRS.

FINDING MY CARWHERE I LEFT; NEVER BEEN TOUCHED. SO OF COURSE I ASK WHY I WAS NOT CALLED. HE REPLIED SOMTHING TO EFFECT OF HE DID NOT NO. I SAID TO HIM I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALL THIS TIME FOR NOTHING.

HE LEFT THE COUNTER AND WENT IN THE DIRECTION 0F HIS BOSS I AM ASSUMING. BECAUSE WEN I WENT TO SEE HE WAS IN THE OFFICE. WEN I ASK THE GENTLEMAN THE SAME ? HE REPLIED HE SAID HE DID.

THEN HE WEN ON TO TELL ME THEY WERE SHORT TECHS. WELL IM FIGURING THEY KNEW THAT WEN I FIRST CAME IN. SO THE REST IS HISTORY.

I WINDED UP GOING TO PEP BOYS FOR THE SAME THING BUT FOR ABOUT $70 SOMETHING $S CHEEPER. YHA!!!!!!