With Company response Not resolved

My parents bought my family a Sears Kenmore Bottom Freezer on 9/16/12.We had it delivered on Oct 4th after I moved in.

The bottom freezer door never fully shuts and I have lost freezer contents 2x.I tried contacting customer service Oct 29Th-31st via phone. Once reaching a live agent, I was told to call back later as their computer were down. I called back November 2ND and after a 30 minute phone call of being transferred to several departments- they offered to exchange the refrigerator once they determined that proper leveling had been done. Tuesday November 6Th they tried to make the exchange and my father was here.

When we checked the new refrigerator, the bottom freezer door did the same thing. My dad tried calling customer service last pm and they would not talk to him,as it was my name on the paperwork. He went into Park City Mall here in Lancaster, PA and talked to the Assist Store Manager who said this must be dealt with over the phone.

My parents would like to exchange it for a Whirlpool from within the store.The sore assistant manager has offered to give my dad a 25% discount, but nobody on the customer service end seems to understand ANYTHING that has taken place over the phone, and they want to charge my parents a 15% restocking fee for a defective appliance.

Manila, Manila, Philippines #567761

thank you to sears social media for reading and trying to help others issues,

proves that sears can still help others

Sears Response

Dear smatt83,

Please accept our sincerest apologizes for the difficulties you have experienced with the exchange of your refrigerator. I came across your post today and wanted to offer some assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I understand how frustrating it is to purchase a refrigerator and the freezer not shut properly. Even more, I can see how disappointing it is to exchange the refrigerator and the same issue still occurs with the freezer. We would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to speak to you. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (smatt83) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.