With Company response Not resolved

I purchased a Bosch dishwasher from a Sears store in Capitola, CA and paid the install charges. The install was delayed due to availability and subsequently rescheduled. The installer came in late in the day, tested and installed the unit. After trying it, over the next two days, the washer was not working. I called service and explained the problem and they scheduled a service call 10 days later. This was not good enough and after pushing I got them to commit to 7 days, but they promised to line up a replacement unit for me just in case. After 5 days I was tired of calling and emailing the customer service rep with whom I had been given a case number and getting no feedback. I brought in an independent plumber who immediately diagnosed the problem as the install was done incorrectly and the inlet water hose had been compressed against the floor, shutting off the inlet water. His fix took 5 minutes.

I contacted Sears again and sent pictures after I talked to my service case manager. They agreed that the install had been done incorrectly and promised a refund of the install fees. Two days later a Sears installer showed up to "repair a broken soap dispenser" as it said on his form. He checked the install and signed it off as being OK and left. I sent details of this to the case manager too. (No response).

A few weeks later I got a letter from the CA department of Energy asking for their energy rebate back due to the defective product having been returned. Apparently they were notified by Sears that the unit had been returned. I have had a second letter demanding payment which I have responded to.

So here we are 3 months after the purchase and although the Bosch dishwasher is working well, I've paid the installation twice and am still trying to get the rebate system sorted out. Overall, I had no response from Sears.

This is the last time I will purchase an appliance from Sears. I had problems with two previous appliance installs from them too. The company is seriously broken.

Review about: Sears Replacement.

Comments

GentleGiant

Problems solved. After these posts I was contacted by Sears who promptly sent out a check and a follow up visit by a field installer.

Many thanks. Sears came through.

This is a follow up message. After being contacted in the forum by Sears, the problem was resolved very quickly and satisfactorily.

I was contacted by one of the support staff who arranged to have the problems resolved. Sears came through in the end.

GG

GentleGiant

Thanks for posting this Susan. I have sent you a direct email with the case number in the hope that you will be able to fix some of the internal problems at Sears.

BTW - I have to say that I received the refund of the installation check the day after my original post. This has to be coincidence, but Sears did come through in the end.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear GentleGiant:

We are truly sorry for the problems you are encountering with the installation of your new Bosch Dishwasher. I certainly understand your frustration and headache dealing with the CA Department of Energy asking for their rebate back because of your returned dishwasher and also having paid for installation twice. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team and we would like to look into this situation further and offer our assistance toward a resolution. Our team is part of the corporate executive social media customer relations department. We handle the highest level of escalated customer relations issues. Letters sent to our corporate offices are handled by part of our team and we handle issues escalated via Social Media, such as Facebook, Twitter and sites such as Pissed Consumer. Your issue will remain here in our office with a personal case manager who will oversee the problem until it’s resolved.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (GentleGiant) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.