Ambridge, Pennsylvania
With Company response Not resolved

I bought a top of the line Sears dishwasher 3/30/10, had it install beginning of April. I barely used it for the first couple of months, but I noticed in October that it was shutting off after 1/2 of washing, so the dishes were covered with soap and still dirty.

Since it was still under warranty, I called and had a service person out in November, he said it was installed wrong. He was told that I had to call the store to get an installer out. I started calling in November the store - they either were busy, the manager was not there, or he would make the call. Nothing happened,until finally in January the appliance manager gave me the number to call.

From February to March, the installation department had one story or another about why they could not get to my house. Finally at the end of March, the installer came out and said that the problem was the circuit board.

Sears is now saying they will not cover it because it was a year ago (3/30/10) that I bought this. When they gave me the run around about the installer, they told me that no matter when he got out there, it would be covered since I made the call in time.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Vmarburger:

We are sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing with your dishwasher. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you and your family. It is our goal to get your appliances to run properly when servicing and to exceed your expectations. This clearly has not been done for you and we would appreciate the opportunity to assist you. My name is Susan and I work for the Sears Cares Team. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist you with resolving this issue. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. We look forward to hearing back from you and getting your information over to one of our Case Manager's who will contact you.

Susan R.