• May 21, 2012 Purchased Refrigerator Kenmore Bottom Freezer, Model 795.72033.111–
o Total Price $1770.98 – $321 down-payment on 5/21/12 Final payment 6/1/12
o No Extended Warranty – Current Warranty states “For ten years from the date of purchase, a defective compressor will be repaired free of charge.”
• October 2, 2016 – Noted ice machine was not producing ice. Discovered cooling had stopped so contacted Sears Repairs – They are the only ones who do warranty work. Were available to come service in 8 days so set appointment for October 12, 2016. Stated would come between 10:00am and 2:00pm so make sure have someone 18 years of age to be present.
• October 11, 2016 – automated call to remind me of appointment and to have adult on site between 10:00am and 2:00pm for service.
• October 12, 2016 – Set aside time in work day between 10:00am and 2:00pm to be available for service call.
• October 12, 2016 - 2:10pm. Called service because no one had showed up or contacted me. Online automated service stated that ‘my service technician’ would be there between 2:00-4:00pm. I held for ‘live operator’ who was very nice and appropriate. Stated I should have been notified by email that the time had changed. I asked to what email it had been sent and she said, “Oh, it doesn’t look like they have an email listed…..” I asked for and received a discount of 20%. Customer Service said I could use that towards my existing service call of $99. They stated that the service tech was headed my way.
• October 12, 2016 – 2:30pm. Service Tech called and said he was on his way. He arrived. On moving the refrigerator out to service, the compressor was jolted and started to work. Service Tech checked it and said, “it’s working so I can’t do anymore for you.” I requested that we power down to see if it would restart and he said yes. He stated it did restart and temp in freezer was showing at 31 degrees after short time. I asked him about the potential of the compressor being bad and told him that it was under warranty for one year. I showed him the manual that stated it was a 10 year warranty if bad. “He said, oh. But that doesn’t cover the other stuff like Freon, a dryer, etc.” I asked for estimate of cost to repair the warrantied compressor and he came up with a figure of $600 to replace. I said, “Really, to replace a compressor that is under warranty?” He said, “Yes but if you have the compressor replaced, there is no further warranty on the new compressor. That will be $99.” I gave him the 20% discount that customer service gave me for not showing up on time and he said that wouldn’t work on the service call. I told him that customer service stated it would so he tried and was amazed that it gave me the discount. (He was a nice, polite guy.)
• October 13, 2016 – Refrigerator was not cooling. Tried to power up, shook it to jostle the compressor again but no-go. Decided to try direct approach so went to Sears where we bought the appliance. By-passed the appliance department and went to office where we talked to Shelly. She was polite. Explained the situation and she asked if I had talked to service? She said it is different department and there was nothing she could do. Offered to email service department about my issue. We left.
• October 13, 2016 –Called Service and requested another house call. The customer service rep stated they could schedule me for the next week on October 21st. I asked to speak to customer manager. Customer service manager was nice and stated they would check with service dispatch call me back in 10 minutes. She did and stated they couldn’t schedule anything sooner but would be happy to put me down for Oct 21 and if a cancellation occurred, would call and let us know. Also stated that since this was a continuation of service call from prior week, there would be no charge.
• Received email concerning my upcoming appointment 8 days away and said the charge for the diagnostic call would be $99.
• October 14, 2016 – Went to Best Buy and bought a Samsung. Also bought extended service contract. Cancelled my $99 service call with Sears.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Layout of Store|
|Ease of Use|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Polite people
What I disliked
- Quality of product and ability to resolve the issue
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- I expect at least 10 years from a product. i got 4 and was so disappointed in my attempt to get it with customer service, that i gave up. looking for pro-rated refund of product plus refund of my service call.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sears Kenmore Refrigerator Model 795 72033 111
- Kenmore 795 72033 111 Refrigerator
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a cooktop from Sears and also requested delivery and install. I live in Massachusetts and I received a call from the installer in Jacksonville Florida. When I explained..."
- "I took my electric Craftsman mower into the service center to be repaired. It was only 18 months old and was under a 2 year parts and labor warranty. I..."
- "I purchased a mattress from Sears that had a 10 year unlimited warranty. They had to replace it due to springs & sagging.The brand of mattress was no longer available..."
- "On December 25th 2010, my then boyfriend proposed to me. The ring was beautiful, a bit big but beautiful. I got compliments on it daily. However, when we did decide..."
- "Friendly parent suggestion, please add elastic to toddler boots. I bought my 2 year old a pair of Disney Frozen Boots from JCPenney's in Nampa, Id. She was beyond excited..."
- "I have placed an order for editing / proofreading for my 4 pages essay and that was the agreement . I paid 44.00 dollars before sending my essay through an..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."